Author Topic: Regarding Ack-Ack  (Read 8507 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Regarding Ack-Ack
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2023, 04:52:37 AM »
OMG I came into the forums today only to find two of my favorite personalities from the old days have passed.
Ack Ack was always an AH legend to me, I'm very sad to read of his passing. RIP <S>
SHIFTY!!!!   Love your New Book!!!!!! Talk about "Relics"...Ack Ack was a MONSTER!!!! Love ya , Brother! Both of yuns  :rock
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 05:00:43 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2023, 07:11:41 PM »
 :salute

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2023, 10:01:57 PM »
SHIFTY!!!!   Love your New Book!!!!!! Talk about "Relics"...Ack Ack was a MONSTER!!!! Love ya , Brother! Both of yuns  :rock

Hello 1stpar3! Ack Ack was a monster, it's hard to read about his passing. I know we're all human, I guess I expected all you guys to be immortal.  :airplane:

1stpar3 I've written a few more books since the first Relics.

www.relicsbook.com

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2023, 03:11:49 AM »
Hello 1stpar3! Ack Ack was a monster, it's hard to read about his passing. I know we're all human, I guess I expected all you guys to be immortal.  :airplane:

1stpar3 I've written a few more books since the first Relics.

www.relicsbook.com
ON IT!  How did I miss that? :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2023, 12:24:20 PM »
There is someone that plays with the handle RELIC. Just saying.  :noid :devil

Good to see you still kicking Shifty.  :cheers:

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2023, 06:23:23 PM »
Sorry have been away and a heartful  :salute   to such a long time prominent foe.    :cry

BB
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2023, 04:25:05 PM »
I can't believe that A man who was the emblem of the way to fly, fight and live to do it again is gone.
He has been a part of the morning prayer to Jesus' right with Betty. I haven't flown with any of you for more than just a year but I'm thinking about dropping a few $ and trying to fly again! It feels to me as though this game is starting to leave us... In more ways than one.

Being a gamer for far more than I'd care to admit though this game has even brought me with quite a few of good friends who even had come to my Birthday party to eat the BEST wings at the well-known place amongst us dweebs living in Litchfield County! I got to meet drink with and fill the gut with the BEST WING'S EVER At "Woods Pitt". Had em and drank a few Dark Beer's with Mars01, Badboy, and Slapshot, Matter of fact I think Stang even had a few of each with me too at Woods Pitt!

Morph<S>  :salute
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2023, 11:48:29 PM »
I remember you way back in the day morph!
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2023, 07:00:54 AM »
Come on back Morpheus!

Game is better than ever...fantastic if you have VR!

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2023, 12:01:11 PM »
Hello,

I am Ack-Acks wife and with much regret I must announce that he passed away on Oct 1, 2022. He loved this game and had many happy hours shooting down people in his p38. I'm sorry for the delay, I was making arrangements for him.

Thank you, Hitech for being someone he highly respected. Thank you for all the hours of fun you gave him.

With much respect,
Zmy; Ack-Acks widow

That's a shame, condolences to his family and friends. Ack-Ack and i go back many years sparing in the arenas, never easy to beat. I just got back in the game and was thinking if I'd run into him.

RIP Ack-Ack
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline amp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2023, 02:54:42 PM »
 :salute

midway

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2023, 06:50:31 PM »
My deepest condolences. Ack-Ack was one, if not the best P-38 drivers in the game. A good guy too.  :salute
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2023, 07:13:07 AM »
Sad to hear of his passing.  A very good 38 driver and overall asset to this community.

<S>

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-