Author Topic: Scotch thread  (Read 2248 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Scotch thread
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2022, 02:46:50 PM »
That is cool! Is that because you are in the same state as them? Funny you say that because i was joking about that exact same reason to the cashier. Aparently they wont tell management whats going on. At Winn Dixie I can get it for $27. I'm glad that it's considered good though  :aok

No, just something some distilleries do. Just finished a 5 barrel blend from Maker's that was made for my county. It was called Lord Craven's Select.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2022, 02:48:12 PM »
I've been content with Glengoyne 18 Year as of late.  When my buddy flew out to visit in September, we went in on it.   It is smooth and had never tried it before.  But I had some local stuff from Hollow Creek Distillery (William Allen Bourbon) and we went that route.   They have a Bourbon that medalled in SF earlier this year and it is very good.

Also Beej, I cannot recommend Woodford Reserve Wheat Whiskey enough (It has a thin red label).  It has to be one of the hidden gems in the Under $50 bracket and is much smoother than Gentleman Jack.   Since moving down here to South Carolina, I have been unable to find it.   I had brought down four 1/5ths of it when we moved and it is almost time to replace them.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 02:51:50 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2022, 04:38:55 PM »
I've kinda zoned in on the Ardbeg 'Wee Beastie' 5 year Scotch, will see how it goes
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2022, 05:20:41 PM »
Port Ellen and Talisker are my favourites.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2022, 06:52:43 PM »
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.