Author Topic: So it it all just bull?  (Read 1434 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: So it it all just bull?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2022, 06:24:51 PM »
Musk is making electric cars because there aren't any gas stations on Mars.

Our world runs on oil.

If you want to be energy efficient ride a bike.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2022, 11:59:57 AM »
There will still be a demand for petroleum products in everything from plastics, fabric, and even medicine.

That would be a much lesser percentage than what is used for fuel, correct?

There is still demand for gas and diesel.  We are being forced to give up gas and move to electric - it's not a market or demand driven thing. Electric is being forced down our throats.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2022, 10:19:39 AM »
It would seem a logical progression from petro fuel to electric would be based on multiple factors. One being economic forces driving the public to electric because it is cheaper, more efficient and available. Today none of those factors are really prevalent.

EV's are definitely NOT cheaper than equivalent gas / diesel vehicles. They are not more efficient due to battery tech and electrical grid considerations. They are not all that available yet as shown by several dealers having to order EV's upon sale instead of just providing what is "on the lot". Of course the chip shortage also had a hand in petro vehicles being in short supply but not to the same extent as EV's. The electrical grid is definitely not up to the task as evidenced by kaliphornya placing restriction on charging EV's. That state being the most egregious in regards to reducing the grid and promoting EV's more heavily than elswhere.

As such we are being "mandated" by the govt to switch (no petro veh's for sale in 2035 for example) with neither the support infrastructure or number and variety of EV's available in the market to really make that change feasible. There is no real reason other than the claims regarding climate (they have a really poor record of predictions) or simple greed due to being bought off by EV providers and suppliers of EV equipment.

I made my decision as to which is the most likely scenario and I am sure you would do so as well.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline trogdor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2022, 12:12:37 PM »
Sweet confirmation bias, Batman!
"It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob out there."
- Patches O'Houlihan

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2022, 02:52:29 PM »
All following turds like this blindly...

https://youtu.be/wQcx4dFyZwc

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2022, 10:21:12 AM »
Musk is making electric cars because there aren't any gas stations on Mars.

Which brings up the question of how he plans to generate electricity on Mars.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2022, 11:50:56 AM »
Mars is the distraction from the crap today like the moon landing was for the Vietnam war in the 60's

But that's another thread...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals