Author Topic: Zoom Question  (Read 2343 times)

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: Zoom Question
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2022, 11:26:27 AM »
Back to the original issue. I'm a little confused about this statement from you. " I have mapped the zoom to Twist by typically as single button on throttle"
Did you have the zoom mapped to the twisty on your stick? If you did you need to remove it, that could be the issue. Another thing is to go through your stick and throttle mapping and make sure you don't have "zoom toggle" assigned to something other than the button you want to use for zoom.

I would also quit looking at windows as being the issue, on your CH stick not working, unless you did a custom windows install. More likely it's a hardware or operator problem. Are you using a usb hub? If so try plugging the stick directly into the pc. Also don't look in the game controllers in windows, look at the controller mapping within AH, double press the trigger and see if you get the assignment window pop-up. If you do then AH sees the stick. As I said before, you don't have to use the CH software to use the stick in AH, and I would uninstall it if it is on your computer until you get the stick working. Then if you think you need it install it.

:salute
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2022, 12:10:36 PM »
That can't be. I've already plugged T-flight hotas in the same port and headphones etc.
This is very frustrating

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2022, 12:24:24 PM »
Ch fighterstick worked on my sons computer,.---I have no idea why his PC works the Ch stick and mine wont
Might simply be a power issue. Some gear are more power thirsty than others. Also some motherboards may share the available power to more than just one pair of USB ports. Especially with USB2 ports the power is quite limited. USB3 can provide more power but again, they don't tell how many ports share the same line.

That said, if you have both USB2 and USB3 ports, plug the least thirsty devices to the USB2 ports (keyboard and mouse usually). If you have a printer, you can share a pair of ports with that if you shut it down when gaming. If it's in standby mode it can wake up for nozzle cleaning which in turns can affect your controllers. A powered USB hub is a fool proof choice.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2022, 06:04:11 PM »
Update/ I decided to go ahead and install the CM after resetting Win 10.
It found my CH fighterstick.
Yea!!!

Now i could a use CH throttle to complete this setup and maybe get decent enough to have some fun on here

thanks for the help  !!!

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2022, 06:14:57 PM »
Great news.  :aok
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2022, 07:41:58 PM »
Update/ I decided to go ahead and install the CM after resetting Win 10.
It found my CH fighterstick.
Yea!!!

Now i could a use CH throttle to complete this setup and maybe get decent enough to have some fun on here

thanks for the help  !!!

Look at the TWCS throttle good price point and much better than the latest ch stuff, I have both and only use the ch throttle for the buttons as the throttle axis isn’t very good.

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2022, 08:00:56 PM »
i will keep that in mind
Thanks