Author Topic: Two suggestions  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Two suggestions
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2022, 05:02:33 PM »
I can't help but think about thieves always thinking others are trying to steal from them.

I would go so far as to say that none of those folks who volunteer to help even the numbers are spies. They never have any idea what side they will be on. They fight for the green side. They are a team mate. If you treat them different, the real question is.... are you a team player.

Think about that awhile.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2022, 07:19:40 PM »
My idea about the radar tower being linked to the GV dar box is all about making the radar tower MORE important to defend than it is now. To help protect it, I thought an additional four AA guns around it would be a significant upgrade in its defense. On top of that, I think teams would deploy wirbs on base defense more, too, to help protect the tower.

GVers would GV more and attack aircraft would attack more if this change were to be made, because nobody would want to lose that tower. As it is now, losing the tower is kind of like, "Aw shucks" and the game just goes on.

It would make that radar tower a truly valuable resource.

How about simply making it a harder object to kill, similar to a hangar?

Offline Wobblin-Goblin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2022, 09:03:09 PM »
I can't help but think about thieves always thinking others are trying to steal from them.

I would go so far as to say that none of those folks who volunteer to help even the numbers are spies. They never have any idea what side they will be on. They fight for the green side. They are a team mate. If you treat them different, the real question is.... are you a team player.

Think about that awhile.
I can't help but think that you didn't read the part where I said I knew absolutely nothing about "mercenaries" or how they work and as such this was just my observation. Some of you guys explained how it worked and it makes sense now. But you go ahead with your synopsis of what kind of person I am.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2022, 09:42:34 PM »
Yea, radar tower does seem to have little value with everyone being a mobile radar.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2022, 09:54:49 PM »
I can't help but think that you didn't read the part where I said I knew absolutely nothing about "mercenaries" or how they work and as such this was just my observation. Some of you guys explained how it worked and it makes sense now. But you go ahead with your synopsis of what kind of person I am.

Nowhere in my post did I refer to you. You attached it to yourself.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2022, 09:57:30 AM »
With dar up gv's should be twice as easy to spot from the air imo as they are invisible now..no dust trails
, tracks or anything...

With dar down, the dar bar should vanish as well

Ack settings should be set to MNM level if anyone is spawning to protect the base and 2x MNM if the base is unoccupied...just to slow down the map rolling when most are empty

All planes and gv's should be zero perks for the lowest number side to improve recruitment and move numbers around

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2022, 09:39:46 AM »
Love the idea making the radar and ords harder to kill. Porking bases is one of my fave things to do but it’s too easy. I would like it to be more of challenge. Maybe even up the severity of the field ack it’s kind of not that much of an issue. You can fly right through it several times and not a scratch. Of course it can also one ping you to death before you even start so what do I know.

My thought about auto switchers would be to limit their ability to manage boats. They already get the benefit of seeing all the dars as they move about. I like the idea of time delays for this.

I do get what Woblin is saying. I’ve spent time working with someone to take a base where I fly 2-3 sectors in buffs only to find the same person shooting at me when I get there. That’s the “double agent” part I find a bit disingenuous but that’s human nature not HiTech’s problem to solve.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Golden Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2022, 11:53:31 AM »
Most of the auto assign players are not spy or cheats

They are there to make the game better...I  used to do it but realized staying knight accomplished the same thing most nights

Please control your MA paranoia lol

Eagler

Eagler is spot on.  And from what I've seen, a lot of the "mercenaries" are good players who do quite a bit for each team they're switched to.  Most of us play with a pretty ethical code of conduct.  For instance, after I'm switched for the first time during any period of play on any given day I'll no longer attack boats.  Also I try to switch fronts after each switch to fight a completely different team.  I have yet to witness an act of this so called spying.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 11:56:27 AM by Golden Dragon »
Fight's on!

Offline Wobblin-Goblin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2023, 10:32:09 PM »
I do still think that Radar should be more valuable. By tying both aircraft dar and GV dar to the tower, you are REALLY increasing the radar tower's value and importance. As such, I also think adding four more AA guns around the towers would help protect them from attack.

Just my opinion.