Author Topic: Please fix ETO MAP  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Rezdog

• Zinc Member
Re: Please fix ETO MAP
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2022, 03:35:01 PM »
Great map, but me and the rest of the guys I flew with last night all had similar problems with icons going out, particularly when passing through a cloud.  I mean, it didn't make us any less deadly of course ;) just friend or foe recognition got a little interesting at times.
RezDog
Unteroffizier - Jagdflieger
I/JG3 Udet (Hoenjager) C.O. Twodogs5

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2022, 08:49:38 PM »
Great map, but me and the rest of the guys I flew with last night all had similar problems with icons going out, particularly when passing through a cloud.  I mean, it didn't make us any less deadly of course ;) just friend or foe recognition got a little interesting at times.

We have sent some film to Hitech, hopefully he'll figure what is wrong and correct it fairly soon.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2022, 12:05:08 AM »
Would love to see trains along with truck, ship and c-47 convoys. Give new guys something they can go after instead of being fodder constantly.

I found a train tonight, and it was glorious!   Look for tracks running to strat targets, except the City.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2022, 05:14:48 AM »
Anyone know why there’s a constant low level cloud layer across the entire map?

Was this part of an update?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2022, 09:35:53 AM »
WE are on the Fjord map today and the clouds are no problem could we please use the same program on the  ETO  map? :banana: :banana: :banana:
AkCaine

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2023, 09:11:24 PM »
Three months later, and the map is still not fixed.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2023, 09:20:57 PM »
Anyone know why there’s a constant low level cloud layer across the entire map?

Was this part of an update?
Makes the game far less playable for bomber pilots. I ditched and logged off NorthCo for same reason.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2023, 08:16:49 AM »
I also had the icon issue again on Tuesday night. 3/28
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2023, 09:22:20 AM »
yea, someone said they flew through clouds at 21k and lost icons. Makes sense as I've been topping out at 15k and it has been cons above me each time that had no icons.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2023, 09:33:01 AM »
It's a feature not a defect

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2023, 11:12:08 AM »
I know I've talked to JimmyD3 about this, and he had determined it was caused by a type of cloud layer that was above its rated altitude, or something like that.  IIRC, he has fixed the map and resubmitted, so I think its just up to Hitech to recompile/rebuild the map - though that may be more work than it sounds like it is.  He also may need a reminder? 

My advice is to exploit the heck out of this feature while you can.  It's been solved and will be going away at some point and probably will be missed by a few!   :bolt:

:salute