Author Topic: auto return to flight  (Read 530 times)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
auto return to flight
« on: September 18, 2022, 04:40:01 PM »
if you get discoed now, you come back (no matter your alt) to a bent prop and a death 100ft in the air with zero airspeed...

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: auto return to flight
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 12:46:37 PM »
 :uhoh
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Worid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 07:52:44 PM »
well how about this..
3 times i got discoed from game in a C47, got back easily, 2 time in B-17s also got back in but took a few secs longer (both of these forced me to retry 2-3 times) last was B-26s
. landed the 17s with kills. had kills in 26s (tried 3 times - got 2 you will be put back in fligth with 26s got discoed almost at once. still got back in before time limit got you will be placed back in flight - 10 mins later still sitting in tower.

Any comments Dale or Skuzzy?

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 01:21:00 PM »
Last time I got discoed was because my network went down. At the time I was flying a 262, badly shot up by a Spit 14 that had bounced me while I was flying 262s with Mike76 as my wingman.
I had one engine out, the other one smoking bad, missing a rear stab, one cannon out, and wounded. I discoed about 8k out from my field that I diverted to. Came back a few minutes later and landed I think 2 kills and saved my precious perk points. I rarely have over 200 perk points, so losing a 262 is a big deal to me.

If we got rid of disco restores, a lotta people would be hurting. Sure there will be people who abuse it, but they're honestly few and far between.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 03:15:52 PM »
well how about this..
3 times i got discoed from game in a C47, got back easily, 2 time in B-17s also got back in but took a few secs longer (both of these forced me to retry 2-3 times) last was B-26s
. landed the 17s with kills. had kills in 26s (tried 3 times - got 2 you will be put back in fligth with 26s got discoed almost at once. still got back in before time limit got you will be placed back in flight - 10 mins later still sitting in tower.

Any comments Dale or Skuzzy?

Skuzzy hasnt worked for HTC for years.

As for the issues, Id check the connection to the internet. If your dropping out that much you have a big issue.