Author Topic: Latest example why mercenaries should be denied CV privileges  (Read 1310 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
Latest example why mercenaries should be denied CV privileges
« on: December 21, 2022, 07:06:35 PM »
I told one I knew where a feet dry spawn was. I put boat into position and we both began shelling town until it went wf. We had no support, it was just him and me, and I started to call out on country that we needed ppl in tower for a take try. He (a very seasoned player, certainly knew better) upped a fighter with no support and urged me to up an LVT. Would have been suicide on my part mega kills for him so I refused. The bad guys quickly found and killed boat, of course. But he got several kills while that was happening.

He just wanted kills! No loyalty to "teammate" he was throwing under the bus, no alliance to team he was currently on (unlike others, like AKCaine, who DOES play for current team even though he switches sides).

Anyway, rant over. A pity the useful side switch thing is perverted by self-serving a-holes.

BTW, he was the main reason I started my original thread on why these guys should be denied control of CVs. Shelling factories for points and achievements irrespective of the needs of the team he was temporarily on.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 07:08:50 PM by molybdenum »

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: Latest example why mercenaries should be denied CV privileges
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 07:27:05 PM »
Feet dry spawn abusers deserve all the bad things in life to happen to them, including killed in game.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 08:02:57 PM »
Feet dry spawn abusers deserve all the bad things in life to happen to them, including killed in game.

I agree with this.

Whining because someone doesn’t want to be a Private in your armchair Army??? Sounds like you’re upset because he didn’t listen to you and instead tried to capture the base in a different way.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2022, 10:17:00 PM »

Feet dry spawns have existed for years if not decades. Part of the game and makes it more interesting, at least to me, both on offense and defense. If HiTech didn't mean them to happen he could have coded them out of existence ages ago, but chose not to.

But that avoids my point. A self-serving player with no team alliance chose to try to throw "teammates" under the bus so he could get kills. I'm still in favor of the mercenary thing because that also makes the game more interesting. It's merely a pity that players like him abuse fellow players to their personal benefit.

I wish there were a fix for this, but short of a moral epiphany by PK and his ilk, there probably isn't.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2022, 11:07:42 PM »
Still not sure how CV ownership is relevant to your rant. Or even "Feet dry spawning"  - whatever that is.

seems to me you're just pissed he wanted to fight and would blindly follow you into a stealth base take.

If your strategy involves avoiding combat, then the problem is you.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline DFATITAN

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2022, 08:05:06 AM »
Gaming of the game. It's become less of a SIM and more of an arcade game over the years and switching multiple times brings even more gaming since you know where CVs are located, missions being upped, location of someone hidden.    I understand the changes with the reduced numbers, but it makes it less fun for some. There should probably be some sort of limitation on permissions and the switching, but it should be thought out with what the effects will be long term.  Either way, I don't think the fixes are easy with the reduced numbers. 

I've only ever been Bish since AW died because my squad has always been Bish.  If we are allowed to switch, I like the AKs work it with their month-by-month rotation.  Well, unless they aren't Bish lol.   

Have a good holiday season!
>S< Titan
5" clay pigeon busting expert.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2022, 12:42:14 PM »
The point of the game is to fight other people and have fun.  High five to the guy who did that, and a big LOL to the dude who is sad he couldn't snake a base with no defense.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2022, 03:20:45 PM »
Feet dry spawns have existed for years if not decades. Part of the game and makes it more interesting, at least to me, both on offense and defense. If HiTech didn't mean them to happen he could have coded them out of existence ages ago, but chose not to.

But that avoids my point. A self-serving player with no team alliance chose to try to throw "teammates" under the bus so he could get kills. I'm still in favor of the mercenary thing because that also makes the game more interesting. It's merely a pity that players like him abuse fellow players to their personal benefit.

I wish there were a fix for this, but short of a moral epiphany by PK and his ilk, there probably isn't.

The spacing around the CV track/way points IS a fix to get away from feet dry spawning. Thats why there are so few of those points left. So technically speaking those point you know of are all bugs and should be reported so they can be fixed.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2022, 03:22:36 PM »
Or even "Feet dry spawning"  - whatever that is.

I don't know what it is either  :rofl
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2022, 03:29:38 PM »
I don't know what it is either  :rofl

Its when you spawn an LVT from a ship and it spawns on land, hence "feet dry".

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2022, 03:40:02 PM »

Teleportation in WW2 is a bit far fetched  :old:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2022, 05:00:41 PM »

Ok. Thanks.

Why does it end up on land? The few times I've ever used an LVT, it spawned very close to the CV. Is it just positioning the boat close enough to a spit of land so that the usual spawn point is on dry land, or is there more to it?

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2022, 05:19:10 PM »
Air battles are 10000 times more fun than sitting on guns and clicking.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2022, 06:31:21 PM »
Ok. Thanks.

Why does it end up on land? The few times I've ever used an LVT, it spawned very close to the CV. Is it just positioning the boat close enough to a spit of land so that the usual spawn point is on dry land, or is there more to it?

In the old days before Hitech added the expansion around the way point lines you could drive the CV close to land and at some bases spawn close enough to just open doors and drop troops. It was happening too much so Hitech added the spacing to help keep the ships off the shore. However, there are still a few places you can get close enough to still get the spawn on land.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2022, 09:29:20 PM »
The point of the game is to fight other people and have fun.  High five to the guy who did that, and a big LOL to the dude who is sad he couldn't snake a base with no defense.

Too few do this anymore.

Less than ~10% of my deaths in a ftr the past few months are a 1v1. Rooks, especially, at night fly in a pack and pick. It’s not because I’m better than they are, but they have become uber timid, run for ack or friends as soon as they lose advantage.

It’s really super lame to be in a good 1v1, both using their best ACM and then get picked; it’s a disservice to both involved and worse half the time results in stealing a kill. But yay  :banana: their name in lights.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 09:31:22 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?