Author Topic: Looking for old Squaddies and Friends...RedDevil here  (Read 445 times)

Offline RedDeViL22A

• Zinc Member
Looking for old Squaddies and Friends...RedDevil here
« on: December 21, 2022, 11:00:56 AM »
It's been almost 12 years since I last flew in the skies of AH and I have always meant to get back but life has gotten in the way, among other things. So I wanted to first try and find some of my old Squaddies, Wingmen, friends that I flew with so many times. This game and the camaraderie (I hope it is still the tight community it was then) I felt helped get me through a very difficult time in my life. I served in the Army from 2004-2007 as a Sapper Team and Squad Leader and saw combat in Afghanistan. When I was discharged, it was very difficult and I had nobody that understood the bond that soldiers have not just in combat but even in peacetime because you live, eat, sleep, train, and get into all sorts of trouble together. You are willing to die for them and they for you. But when I first saw the Commercial on the History Channel for Aces High, and because of my interest and research on all things WWII, I had to check it out. When I first downloaded the game, it took me some time because my PC wasn't the best and had to tweak a lot of settings. And then it was amazing how you didn't just take off, have auto aim, not maneuvering...you literally had to learn how to fly these Aircraft and know their strengths and weaknesses. Learn how gun convergence worked. I played for almost 2 years or more on a daily basis and until about a year in I had my butt handed to me... but then you get better and learn to fight and fly with Wingmen. I loved the adrenaline rush you get from a 10-15 min dogfight and whether you shot down your opponent or he got you, there was that mutual respect and <S>. Sorry, brings back happy memories. I say that the guys I flew with or against helped get me through my PTSD and Depression at the time. I like to think that people enjoyed flying with me or against me and I had the honor to fly with some of the best Squadrons at the time...

The Widowmakers and WMLute and co...
The Dynamite Hand (been a long time, I think that was the squadron name but they flew Jugs)
Was one or two others and also had my own Squadron for a while-The 1st Special Service Force "RedDevils" and had some great pilots that served with me. But I want to just see if some of the guys are still active with same Names or if the fly under new IDs, and I hate that unfortunately some of them may not even be with us any more because I know a few guys were in their 60's, 70's, and one I know was 82 lol. I flew under a few different names such as Oddball8 but most of the time it was RedDevil or ReDevil2. So if any of you guys remember me, please reach out. And do some of the guys like Bruv113, J0ker, etc still own the skies? 2 of what we're many of the most talented and deadly pilots in AH and I learned a lot from them. And because of my TBI and other head traumas while serving, these last 4 or 5 years my memory has gotten worse. I feel almost sadness that I cannot recall the other guys at this time. Some whom taught me how to fly with wingmen, or how to accurately drop bombs from the Lancs and Forts. I still remember flying a Stuka with that huge bomb (4000KG or something crazy) and somehow getting through a Carrier Groups AA and sinking that Carrier! So please send a message saying hello. One last thing. I cannot remember his Tag, but he was by far, and most at that time would probably agree, the BEST P-38 Pilot in the community and he talked to me a few times about my troubles and even sent me a new Flight Stick when mine broke and I couldn't afford a new one. Hope to hear from some old friends! :aok

Offline LNG15

• Copper Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Looking for old Squaddies and Friends...RedDevil here
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 11:21:41 AM »
ReDevil it is an honor to see a former AH pilot return to the game.I so have some good news, and some sad news. One of the best P-38 Pilots AK AK passed away some time back, I think Shuffler is still one of the other good 38 drivers. J0ker is still flying as lead of the Jokers Jokers so he is still here. I am not sure about Oddball.

I know a few pilots are returning as well that I know of including some of the Dickweeds have returned. I have been playing AH for 6 years, but it is a privilege to see some of the old faces come back. <S> LNG15
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 04:11:46 AM »
Welcome back reddevil.   If you need any info , maps or etc. just pm me here with your e-mail and I'll send you all that I have.  I'd be happy also if ya see me in the game to answer any questions about things you may have forgotten.

Cheers,  One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 03:15:57 PM »
You can get alot of info here at Fugitive's site:

http://66.189.8.103:8080/Aces_Help/Aces%20Help%20Page.html

Cheers,   One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline RedDeViL22A

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 03:03:14 PM »
Thank you guys for the info. And I am sorry to hear about AK. I rememberd him and he was always a good dude. Like I said, memory isnt as great as it was so when you mention him and then Shuffler, that cocky SOB, lol, I remembered immediately. I am going to have to see if I can go waaaay back and look at the tours from then and see if I can find some other names. And Im not back just yet, but I intend to. Ive been playing WoT Blitz for a good while up until about 6 months ago due to my Laptop finally crappin out. So I have been looking around on sites like Craigslist, Ebay, etc, to see if I can find some serious PC gamer that quite possibly may still have some of their older gaming PC's and be willing to either sell it super cheap (free is always better lol) or something like that. Or I will start to build one from scratch and hope that I can do it for a reasonable amount. I Won Custody of my daughter a few years back so she comes first lol. I mean hell, who would have thought that you had to feed them and teach them...and being the dad of a little girl explain that I dont wanna have to deal with any boy that does her wrong because I definitely do not want to watch her grow up in Jail lol. But again, THANK YOU GUYS. I will definitely need some refreshers and how the game has changed. I was here for the very beginning when they began to have options for the ordnance you were gonna load and then missions you could achieve. I myself was 100% Content with the way it was. You all have a Merry Christmas and Ill keep in touch. Again, means a lot to know that the community I remembered is still here...offering to help and I appreciate it.  :aok  :cheers:

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2022, 05:57:22 AM »
 :airplane: :joystick:   :salute
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho