Author Topic: Are We In A Sim Gaming Dark Age?  (Read 3997 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Are We In A Sim Gaming Dark Age?
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2023, 06:10:19 PM »
A different companies New Years message:

I watched the video earlier and honestly wasn't impressed.

I may be a DCS lurker, but nothing in that video was something I didn't know about already with the exception of maybe some type of Egypt Terrain.

The F4U, F-4E, La 7 have already been teased last last year, I won't be buying any of those modules. (I will buy any naval variant Phantom though - F-4B/J/N/S)

Which brings me to my issue with DCS and that is the snails pace releases for 1 aircraft. Nearly every aircraft I really want has been teased, but here we are, some of them years since they have been teased and they still aren't here.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2023, 06:12:53 PM »
Which brings me to my issue with DCS and that is the snails pace releases for 1 aircraft. Nearly every aircraft I really want has been teased, but here we are, some of them years since they have been teased and they still aren't here.
Just wait until he rubs it in our faces that AH hasn't had an aircraft released since whenever.  :rolleyes:
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2023, 06:13:53 PM »
I don't remember granting you authority over what I post.

Dunno man, just trying to save you a bit of energy. But I guess some people enjoy screaming into the void.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2023, 06:16:48 PM »
Dunno man, just trying to save you a bit of energy. But I guess some people enjoy screaming into the void.

It appears the high priestess is on the rag again.  Good luck with that.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2023, 06:33:49 PM »
I watched the video earlier and honestly wasn't impressed.

Fair enough.  I hadn't heard about the F4U or the Chinook yet, but I don't check out all their updates.  That's also more of the phantom than I had seen previously.  Have you heard if there is going to be a Vietnam map?  More toys for Enigma's cold war stuff.

I feel ya.  I about have puppies waiting for that Apache.  I wish the process were faster.  However, they haven't stopped.  They are still pushing.  Still trying to move the ball forward.  Still trying to add more capabilities.  (What I'm hearing about the new dynamic campaign engine sounds really interesting.)  Often they mis-step.  Often they might mis-prioritize.  But there is a pulse there.

What they didn't is say, "Ya know, DCS 2.7 is actually the greatest sim ever produced by western civilization.  Since it is perfect, we see no reason to contemplate further new features in the future.  Why mess with perfection?" 

Besides, aren't aircraft often 3rd party dev teams?  Some very small?  ED can't make them code faster.  Some of these modules are insanely detailed and complex.  I think I read the module make also has to get sign off from the real world manufacturer at each stage to verify their platform is being fairly represented.  So a lot of that delay may be on the defense contractors.  Ever deal with Lockheed?  Boeing?  Raytheon?  They can make the government look nimble. 

But they keep trying.  And they will consider big changes.  There is live development going on.  You can at least feel a pulse. 

An example of what you are talking about is the Kiowa.  Jeez.  It's a meme at this point.  Like Duke Nukem Forever.  But Barundus is starting to drop some of the tutorial vids so it is getting closer (if the sequence of events from Apache are a pattern).  You can't get enough egg beaters for me.  ;)

« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 06:47:24 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2023, 06:43:57 PM »
It appears the high priestess is on the rag again.  Good luck with that.

Did he just become self aware?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2023, 07:06:30 PM »
The DCS AH-64D is far from complete but I'm still having fun learning it. I've made a few videos on various subjects. My mistakes are more entertaining than instructional.

https://youtu.be/ru_SDov88Ak
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2023, 07:13:36 PM »
The DCS AH-64D is far from complete but I'm still having fun learning it. I've made a few videos on various subjects. My mistakes are more entertaining than instructional.

https://youtu.be/ru_SDov88Ak

Yeah it had some rough edges on release but still pretty amazing for a early access product.

:aok

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2023, 07:27:20 PM »
What they didn't is say, "Ya know, DCS 2.7 is actually the greatest sim ever produced by western civilization.  [/snip]" 

Actually Eastern Civilisation. Originaly a Moscow based company with a Russian Lead developer.  :rock

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2023, 07:33:21 PM »
Actually Eastern Civilisation. Originaly a Moscow based company with a Russian Lead developer.  :rock

Good luck getting them to admit that at the current moment. ;)
They swear they are 100% Switzerland based now.  Perhaps with a few Russian "contractors". ;)
I was sweating my Apache getting delayed at the last moment due to sanctions.  :O

But point taken.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2023, 02:58:35 AM »
https://www.hitechcreations.com/flight-simulators/2278-what-s-changing-with-our-combat-simulator-aces-high-in-2023

"When you log onto Aces High for the first time, you will notice a vast array of aircraft to choose from, and we are constantly adding to that list."

This can only mean a new fighter will be released in two weeks!   :banana:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2023, 07:02:38 AM »
"Why mess with success?

Same special events

Just as we have done for years, we will continue to offer special monthly gaming events like King of the Hill, Friday Squad Operations, Scenarios, and This Day in History."

Nice write up..we will see soon if it is true..as KOTH seems to have other plans..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2023, 07:22:34 AM »
"Why mess with success?

Same special events

Just as we have done for years, we will continue to offer special monthly gaming events like King of the Hill, Friday Squad Operations, Scenarios, and This Day in History."

Nice write up..we will see soon if it is true..as KOTH seems to have other plans..

Eagler

Yeah, TDIH is no longer ran and with the exception of KOTH, only FSO is ran monthly.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2023, 09:04:46 AM »
Yeah, TDIH is no longer ran and with the exception of KOTH, only FSO is ran monthly.

Is TDIH what Fortress Europe was?

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2023, 10:49:12 AM »
Is TDIH what Fortress Europe was?

No. That also hasn't been ran, not enough time in my life at the moment, Which is unfortunate because it had a pretty strong turnout.