Author Topic: 2022 Tournament Of Champion Information.  (Read 3048 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: 2022 Tournament Of Champion Information.
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2023, 09:34:29 PM »
Time to start cogitating about another date to have this. Every Saturday in February has a scenario starting at 7 pm ET which restricts the planned 3 pm start time.
Sundays are mostly open but of course I'd have to look ahead and see if anything important is happening on them this month.

Even with my defective and once attacked ticker covid wasn't bad but again I was L U C K Y.  Once I find my vaccination card I'm getting boosted. Blah, blah, blah.   :bolt:
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2023, 07:47:31 AM »
Glad you are feeling better fuzeman!

Anyday works for me

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2023, 08:13:42 AM »
Glad you're doing better - keep staying that way.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2023, 08:50:02 AM »
Good to hear your feeling better Fuze   :salute
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2023, 08:22:53 PM »
fuzeman, brother, if there is any way possible to do this KOTH - TOC on a Sunday in this month (February)...

It would be great 👍...  just make sure that you take care of yourself and your health first

~☆SALUTE☆~

TC / Johnny
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2023, 02:59:03 PM »
fuzeman, brother, if there is any way possible to do this KOTH - TOC on a Sunday in this month (February)...

It would be great 👍...  just make sure that you take care of yourself and your health first

~☆SALUTE☆~

TC / Johnny

Won't be able to make it the weekend of the Daytona 500, should be good other than that. Remember there is the super bowl next Sunday so might be tough to do it then. I'm thinking the 26th might be a good day?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Online Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2023, 03:25:27 PM »
26th would be good for me.

Glad to see you feeling better Fuze :aok
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2023, 09:12:01 PM »
Anyone have issues with 26 February 2023?
That will give me time to get healthy and sick again  :bolt:
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2023, 10:39:57 PM »
fine with it.  stay healthy!

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2023, 11:02:11 PM »

Dave, you know what I am dealing with here where I currently am living....I  will give you a call tomorrow to give you the details and latest update...

I will try and make this what I am thinking will be the final and last KOTH  - TOC (and  Final KOTH event Aces High will ever have) 😢  is a damn crying 😢 😭 shame!

Unfortunately, it seems like Noone outside of fuzeman has any balls at all to stand up and willingly commit to volunteer to keep this awesome event going!

Is not like I didn't try my best to be a KOTH CM, even with Hitech's and Skuzzy's backing  and support..some just did not want me  becoming a KOTH CM....but that's water under the bridge...

TC / Johnny
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2023, 07:47:26 AM »
<SNIP>
Unfortunately, it seems like Noone outside of fuzeman has any balls at all to stand up and willingly commit to volunteer to keep this awesome event going!
<SNIP>

Fact of the matter is if 20 people showed up for KOTH’s REGULARLY I would still be hosting KOTH.
When less than 10 people show up how can it be considered awesome?
That’s a few guys getting together to dogfight which doesnt need a host.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2023, 08:42:51 PM »
When less than 10 people show up how can it be considered awesome?

I was referring to the KOTH event, itself,  as being an awesome long time running event

I, same as you,  do not consider a KOTH event with less than 10 participants (heck, with less than 14 participants) as being an awesome event!

I realize that times have changed, but I am of the opinion that it was much better back when there was an Euro - KOTH event held monthly on a Friday afternoon to accommodate the players in other time zones, to go along with the U.S. - KOTH event held monthly on a Saturday night

and a lot of times, a lot of the participants showed up to participate in both of the Euro & U.S. KOTH events held at their scheduled times...

🍻

TC

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2023, 07:12:40 AM »
I would argue the fact that it takes a certain number for KOTH to be fun..

I have had a better time with 5 or 6 than with 10 or 12 depending who makes up the numbers

The more participants the more likely there was one or two players who didn't know the rules, didn't understand the rules or just didn't want to follow them..

The administration of the event around these players decreased the enjoyment of the rest of us as they were dealt with

After all most of these usually boil down to a handful that win them regardless how many show up

I can understand fuzeman being burnt out but it is a death nail for AH if it's allowed to die out imo

Maybe we can set something up not as rigid and more off the cuff

How hard is it to get the admin privileges needed to limit the plane available? Can it be automated?

I would also be for more of an incentive for participating/winning than perks..

I say a free month might get more players to try their hand at it

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2023, 07:37:31 AM »
I got to agree with Eagler.

For me showing up at KOTH is hard as it is, let alone committing to host it monthly at US friendly times. Realising this makes it even more valuable what Fuzeman did for us these years hosting the event.

Last KOTH I noticed Fuze doesn't even fly with us normally but he had a lot of fun joining us.

I think hosting should be easier, maybe HT can setup the arena like the match play arena where we all spawn in at the same time with the selected plane. An automated arena message could keep the score or something. This way Fuzeman can at the very least participate.

Ps: we can all help the new player out. I think it is fun when new faces participate
DutchVII / ULDutch
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2023, 05:24:55 AM »
I got to agree with Eagler.

Upon rereading Eaglers post, i just somewhat agree with Eagler.

I agree with that Koth can be loads of fun with a smal turnout. But i disagree that new players distract from the fun. from there on, i agree with him again. :aok

Are we still looking at the 26th?
DutchVII / ULDutch