Author Topic: 2022 Tournament Of Champion Information.  (Read 3079 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: 2022 Tournament Of Champion Information.
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2023, 07:40:01 AM »
You miss understood me Dutch..

I have zero problems with new players..more the better

What increases with more new players is the chance one of them doesn't know the rules, asks the wrong question, lands instead of darts, and other numerous things that would stop the game while the rules are explained to them..

I say ignore the newbies as most are dead within minutes of fights on and only a few if any of the newbies make it to the end of a KOTH

Fuzeman does a great job though he needs a break and needs to fly in them

Hoping something is setup if just quarterly

<S>

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2023, 08:30:30 AM »
I probably did  :aok

Fuzeman does a great job though he needs a break and needs to fly in them

He does and 100% should fly in them.

I think i will send HT next week an email if it is possible if he can setup an arena like the matchplay but than for KOTH. This way there is 0 management required and can Fuzeman fully focus on shooting us down.

Is there someone who would dislike this? If so i will aboard my email.
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2023, 11:41:56 AM »
<SNIP>
I think i will send HT next week an email if it is possible if he can setup an arena like the matchplay but than for KOTH. This way there is 0 management required and can Fuzeman fully focus on shooting us down.

Is there someone who would dislike this? If so i will aboard my email.

This made me log in immediately and post this reply.  I would dislike this and I think HiTech would also. He has done plenty with Matchplay but in my opinion, fwiw, fitting KOTH into MatchPlay is forcing a square peg into a round hole and it removes key elements of KOTH. Matchplay's randomness pretty much eliminates wabbit hunting. That's the biggest one in my book. Anyone can setup a custom arena and use matchplay. We did try setting it up and running it but as with the event there wasn't enough participation to make it worthwile.
Discussing KOTH for me now is pulling a scab off a wound trying to heal.  I thought I ran a good KOTH and that's why I volunteered for it.
Unfortunately I had to always be a  :police: man. When we have trouble using rockets or anything besides guns or something like how much or how long above 6k is really breaking the alt cap rule it got FRUSTRATING. And those 'discussions' were with regular players that flew KOTH berore. Heck even getting everyone tuned to 101 was an issue and all of those things were CLEARLY defined in the rules.
I will argue you need more than a half dozen players for a good KOTH. One or two really good sticks show up then and the average guy is sxcrewed. When Bruv was trying to kreep EuroKOTH going I hink I got him to schedule one and Rud3boi and I showed up. We did fly a few rounds and results were as expected. IMO, and I guess I'm the only one who sees it, for newer players to have a chance yoiu need more players and a range of skilled players, refereing to Violators post in a different thread. Few new players wanted to try it as they thought they didnt have a chance and would just be cannon fodder for the Red Baron. A few players might res8ult in a few good fights, that I would agree with, but its NOT a KOTH.
I've said all of this before in previous posts but lets rip the scab off a few more times.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2023, 11:58:54 AM »
Scheduling duties on the CM Team have changed a little and I have just submitted 26 February for the TOC.
I've talked with TC and it seems we can't settle on a guaranteed date he can make it and 'm hoping its far enough away that things settle down for him.
It gives me time to get sick again, oh a Led Zeppelin reference   :aok :aok :aok, as I'm getting a bit congested. 
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2023, 02:35:14 PM »
I suppose your right Fuzeman. My intention was to make it easier for you or anyone else and I think you ran a great KOTH for many years. But if you put it like this it makes me look at the event from another angel and makes me see it your way. I won't send in the request. <S>
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2023, 03:31:53 PM »
Thank you and <S>.  And lets face it, other CMs have ran KOTH and some have flown in theirs and some haven’t. I chose to put the running of the event before the chance to fly in it.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2023, 12:19:33 PM »
<SNIP>I've said all of this before in previous posts but lets rip the scab off a few more times.

I should not have added this.
I did not intend to stop any TOC type discussions, just the wishing about the regular event got old for me.

Offline trogdor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2023, 03:46:41 PM »

I like this idea, Dutch!

I understand that there are problems to be worked out, but I'm not sure they are particularly difficult problems.
In any event, a semi-automated (if imperfect) KOTH free-for-all arena sure appeals more to me than just ending KOTH.

So, we've had 1 "nay" vote for asking HTC about this idea.
I'll add my 1 "yea" to the tally. I just don't see the harm in asking.

trogdor
"It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob out there."
- Patches O'Houlihan

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2023, 04:53:25 PM »
He already did once. It was very difficult to test it with less than five people, which is about twice the number of testers we ended up with.
I can’t control what or why others do what the do so feel free to do whatever you feel like doing.
At the moment I don’t feel like searching for related threads to matchplay and KOTH.
Better things to do….. clean litter boxes.    :headscratch:    :bolt:

By the way the TOC is 26 February.

Well, more urgent things…..
Let’s go with that. :aok

Edit>>> I did search, unfortunately most of the ones where HiTech responded and added information are in the CM Form and that’s for CM eyes only.
And those posts are from between my stints as a KOTH CM, they involved Kanth, Junky, Bruv, HiTech amongst orhers. I think I’m safe saying that.

And now I’m thinking of that Lynyrd Skynyrd song… “Ohhh,   that smell.” So time to get cleaning.

If your stuck on Matchplay, and there seems to be a following, figure this out:
If you spawn randomly around the matchplay circle, how to you hunt the wabbit?????
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 05:12:40 PM by fuzeman »

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2023, 07:11:23 PM »
.wingman

People already passed up closer targets to kill them anyways.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2023, 07:29:10 AM »
How hard is it for someone to get CM rights to run a KOTH?

Need the ability to run the logs, set the plane and ground anyone breaking rules purposely

Fights on at 5k

The rest is fluff imo

The days of dozens of KOTH participants are gone I think we can all agree on that

If there are a dozen that would be great but if only 5 it should be run, not as much fun but still fun for the participants...usually

Hoping HT figures something out to keep what many think is the best feature going for AH

Blows the pants off the 3 hour scenarios imo

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2023, 07:40:00 AM »
.wingman

People already passed up closer targets to kill them anyways.

So just how many rules are we throwing out, those edges of the square peg your forcing into the round hole, do we want to ignore.

I never thought flying to the closest contact was hard. Why was it allowed? So I guess you want everyone to just fly to the wabbit and kill it? Not that I was a wabbit much but that doesn't sound fun for them.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 07:56:43 AM by fuzeman »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2023, 07:55:31 AM »
How hard is it for someone to get CM rights to run a KOTH?

Need the ability to run the logs, set the plane and ground anyone breaking rules purposely

Fights on at 5k

The rest is fluff imo

The days of dozens of KOTH participants are gone I think we can all agree on that

If there are a dozen that would be great but if only 5 it should be run, not as much fun but still fun for the participants...usually

Hoping HT figures something out to keep what many think is the best feature going for AH

Blows the pants off the 3 hour scenarios imo

Eagler

I can provide a CM application to anyone who wants.
Fact of the matter is very few see it as you or I do, and we don't even see the same thing.
I could be wrong but I think HiTech’s focus is on the game. We have a team of CMs to take care of events.

Why are Scenario’s, FSO, MNM still running? There’s enough player interest to make it worth the volunteer to do what they do.

And to finish, the TOC is 26 February, which is the threads topic.
Why not start a ‘Saving KOTH’ thread if you want to. Or work on matchplay to the point you’re happy with that.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2023, 08:40:50 AM »
Why not start a ‘Saving KOTH’ thread if you want to. Or work on matchplay to the point you’re happy with that.

:aok

Eagler

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2023, 09:06:22 PM »
ARE ALL OF Y'ALL READY ???

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=0eewb23WLAI&feature=share

I'm getting ready 🤪, but I will most likely be participating with a broken leg and blowed out knee 🙃 (3rd time around 😅 for this  crap)

Hopefully a lot will show up!

Better get your game on!  I have switched sticks and  keyboard and working on having a new headset delivered where I was goofing around and ruined the pair I was using 😑 🙃)

See ya there!

"FIGHTS ON"

<S>
TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC