Author Topic: Aces High on a Laptop?  (Read 302 times)

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
Aces High on a Laptop?
« on: January 11, 2023, 08:47:39 AM »
How well could the game be played on this laptop? Asking for a friend...........

Lenovo 2022 Newest Ideapad 3 Laptop, 15.6" HD Touchscreen, 11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4 Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD, HDMI, Webcam, Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth, Windows 11 Home.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
Re: Aces High on a Laptop?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 09:05:42 AM »
AH takes little to run. But that being said, the CPU is not great at all.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-1115G4-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1600X/m1333512vs3920

If your friend still has to buy the laptop i would trow another $100 at it. If he already owns the laptop, give it a shot and try it it out.

Regardless i hope it will ron the game.  :cheers:
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 09:18:52 AM »
I wouldn't worry about the CPU. It can run up to 4.1 GHz given the cooling is up to the task - which may not be the case in laptops.

I'm more concerned about the lack of any sort of video card. AH has never ran well with Intel video, also remember that the built-in video shares the standard DDR4 RAM of the system instead of using GDDR5 or better video RAM.

AH3 requires a gaming computer, be it a laptop or a desktop - not a top rig but still one that has a gaming level video card. AH2 relied more on the CPU which is why many long time players could use mediocre office laptops for playing.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 10:39:24 AM »
The download is free and as long as you don't go online it won't cut into your free 2 weeks. Just have him try it.

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 08:50:17 AM »
Alright guys, thanks for the info.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~