Author Topic: HUD in ahf playback  (Read 435 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
HUD in ahf playback
« on: January 19, 2023, 02:42:29 PM »
Someone requested I display HUD information in my YouTube vids but I use the ahf film player and then record the output to OBS (I think it is). I don't see an option in the AH film viewer to display HUD. It also doesn't show blackouts so is it possible does anyone know?
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
Re: HUD in ahf playback
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 04:05:53 PM »
I'd suggest you use shadowplay or Action! (https://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html) and use the time shift function to record gameplay. (if you're using a NVIDIA card, I beleive there are similar apps for Radeon)

Basically it works like a DVR, it's always recording and will keep a set amount of footage in the buffer (you can set the amount, say 10 mins), it'll discard footage falling outside the 10 min window, and you'd set a hotkey combo to save the fight footage of the fight you just had after it's finished.

So you'd launch, do your key combo for time shift start, fly, have a fight, and if you wanted to keep the fight footage, enter key combo to save last 10 mins, it'll spit out an mp4 that will include blackouts, the HUD etc, everything that was on your screen, which you can edit in your video editor of choice.

Have a peek at my channel (link in signature) and you can see examples of how it might look (except your shooting is better ;))

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 04:34:30 PM »
Someone requested I display HUD information in my YouTube vids but I use the ahf film player and then record the output to OBS (I think it is). I don't see an option in the AH film viewer to display HUD. It also doesn't show blackouts so is it possible does anyone know?

Before you run the film to capture in OBS, start the game off-line and add the HUD there. Close the game and start the film viewer and I think it will be up then. The film viewer uses the game engine to play back films so the settings you have "in game" should show "in play back". You'll just have to turn them back off when you go back to playing the game.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 02:00:14 AM »
Before you run the film to capture in OBS, start the game off-line and add the HUD there. Close the game and start the film viewer and I think it will be up then. The film viewer uses the game engine to play back films so the settings you have "in game" should show "in play back". You'll just have to turn them back off when you go back to playing the game.

Thanks Fugitive, I'll try that and report my findings. Especially airspeed was asked about. I don't use the ladder but do use compass, airspeed and alt.

I'd suggest you use shadowplay or Action! (https://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html) and use the time shift function to record gameplay. (if you're using a NVIDIA card, I beleive there are similar apps for Radeon)

That's clever I'll investigate that when I'm flying again. For now just munching through interesting films while I try to get my joystick working.

Have a peek at my channel (link in signature) and you can see examples of how it might look (except your shooting is better ;))

Really cool, I've subscribed. I can't attend those events of KotH because of Timezone. I stayed up very late one night and winged with Bruv119 in the Battle of Britain thingie. Was great. If you edit your forum profile you can add your YouTube ID and this forum gives you a really professional-looking icon on the left bit there <-

Ah shooting yes, a fascinating sub-hobby all of its own. Do you know I've never fired a real gun. Did a fair bit of archery which is why I get on well with the Mk-108 maybe.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234