Author Topic: Shrooms  (Read 642 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Shrooms
« on: January 25, 2023, 10:34:32 PM »

Started this block of oyster mushroom before I went out of town last Sat.  So this was 4.5 days of fruiting.  Hope to get at least one more flush out of this block.   
Mmmmm.  Omelet time.  Lots of butter.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Shrooms
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 07:08:08 AM »
Jacksonville University in Jax Florida had a pile of horse manure behind their stables..

That is where our shrooms grew the summer of 75

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 11:12:40 AM »
Jacksonville University in Jax Florida had a pile of horse manure behind their stables..

That is where our shrooms grew the summer of 75

Yes but I can eat a 1/4 lb of these and not end up lying on the floor looking up at the pop corn ceiling undulate like the room was alive and breathing.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  :devil

That was the before.  This is the after.  Filled with mozzarella and spinach sauteed in basil infused olive oil. Topped with mushroom in Kerry Gold butter and chives.  Mmmmm. 

If you like mushroom, I tried a technique I have used before.  You boil the shrooms first in water and as 90% has evaporated off, THEN you add your butter or oil.  The boiling tightens up the shroom so that oil\butter coats the outside and not just completely absorbed.  I really like it.  I'll do my shrooms like that from now on.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 11:24:32 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2023, 11:39:34 AM »
BTW, these grow on sawdust substrate blocks. 

They would have to be "magic" before I'd eat shrooms growing on poop.  :rock

Gonna try growing toejamake next.

Uhhh stupid bbs language filter.  That is "Shiitake" mushrooms.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 12:05:50 PM by CptTrips »

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2023, 12:57:26 PM »
They would have to be "magic" before I'd eat shrooms growing on poop.  :rock

Not needed. A mix of Brown Rice Flour and Vermiculite will suffice.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2023, 01:26:13 PM »
Not needed. A mix of Brown Rice Flour and Vermiculite will suffice.

PF TEK!   :devil

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2023, 01:31:53 PM »
I'm going to take the left over spawn from these kits and give using them to inoculate a bucket like this a try.  In spring.

BTW, trivia...

Oyster mushroom cultivation was developed in Germany during WWI as a substenece crop to add to rations.  They are very aggressive and will crowd out competitor organisms so they and not too fussy.  Easy to grow without too much special equipment.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2023, 01:52:05 PM »
 :rofl My older Sister was (is) a pro at going out on a full moon in the early morning....and pick the best shrumms  :x  :aok

But that was back in the day 🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣

I did  a lot of HVAC-R work for several colleges down in Florida including Jacksonville, where I lived... on 2 different times in my life....

:cheers:

TC  / Johnny
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2023, 02:21:32 PM »
I love shrooms of all types.  ;)

Even on Carnivore diet I give them a pass. 

They are kinda in-between plants and animals, but closer to animals.  They breath in oxygen and exhale CO2.  They have no chlorophyl.  No photosynthesis.

I have declared them Carnivore'ish.  And delicious!

BTW, I take Amanita Muscaria to this day.  It is not illegal in Texas.  Properly prepared, in reasonable doses, it is an excellent sleep aid and acts on the same receptors as a mild anti-depressant.  Don't eat them if you don't know how to prepare them.  The ibotenic acid needs to be decarboxulated into muscimol or it will make you nauseous.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2023, 02:27:21 PM »
BTW, I take Amanita Muscaria to this day.  It is not illegal in Texas.  Properly prepared, in reasonable doses, it is an excellent sleep aid and acts on the same receptors as a mild anti-depressant.  Don't eat them if you don't know how to prepare them.  The ibotenic acid needs to be decarboxulated into muscimol or it will make you nauseous.

My sister and her friend have prepared those for me before and I agree, they are an excellent sleep aid 😴 🙂

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2023, 02:39:39 PM »
My sister and her friend have prepared those for me before and I agree, they are an excellent sleep aid 😴 🙂

TC

Sadly, know one knows how to cultivate them artificially.  They have a deep symbiotic relationship with the roots of pines trees.  It seems they will only grow in direct vicinity of a pines tree and might take 10 years in that symbiotic state before fruiting once.  No one has figured out how to farm that.

So you have to know where to forage for those.   Or know someone who does.

Remember kids, foraging can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2023, 03:23:23 PM »

Caveat: this is not illegal drug information.  Not for me.  These are perfectly legal in Texas.  It is your responsibility to know the laws in your state.  This is not medical advice.  You are not my responsibility.

https://www.amanitadreamer.net/

Also, never just eat these if not properly prepared by someone who knows what they are doing.  They are not Deathcaps, but the ibotenic acid will make you very nauseous if not converted properly.

παν μέτρον άριστον

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2023, 05:07:16 PM »
Quote from: CptTrips link=topic=406812.msg5387623#msg5387623

:aok