Author Topic: P/O John Mallandaine  (Read 908 times)

Offline P/O John Mallandaine

• Zinc Member
P/O John Mallandaine
« on: October 09, 2022, 02:26:59 PM »
Hello,

Just a quick note to introduce myself.  I am John Mallandaine, son of P/0 John Mallandaine.  I just connected to this forum and the game today so I'll take some time to get to know a few things about all of this.  I was excited to see a Y2-B skin, which is how I found my way here.  I was looking for a particular image and a thread about an update to that skin caught my attention. I'm very excited by all of this.  Sooo cool. 

John Jr.

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
Re: P/O John Mallandaine
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 03:07:52 PM »
Hello,

Just a quick note to introduce myself.  I am John Mallandaine, son of P/0 John Mallandaine.  I just connected to this forum and the game today so I'll take some time to get to know a few things about all of this.  I was excited to see a Y2-B skin, which is how I found my way here.  I was looking for a particular image and a thread about an update to that skin caught my attention. I'm very excited by all of this.  Sooo cool. 

John Jr.

Alright so, first off welcome!  :cheers:
What does P/0 mean? I've never heard that term before.
Also, what's a Y2-B? Never heard of that either? I don't doubt that it's in the game but what is that?

Welcome aboard! Can't wait to tangle with you in the skies!  :airplane:
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2022, 04:12:37 PM »
Alright so, first off welcome!  :cheers:
Also, what's a Y2-B? Never heard of that either? I don't doubt that it's in the game but what is that?

Welcome aboard! Can't wait to tangle with you in the skies!  :airplane:

Petty Officer possibly.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 04:20:08 PM »
Pilot/Officer John Mallandaine flew a P-51 called the Edmonton Special code Y2-B.

Google can be a helpful item at times.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 04:52:29 PM »
Hello to you John.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2022, 05:32:54 PM »
Pilot/Officer John Mallandaine flew a P-51 called the Edmonton Special code Y2-B.

Ahhh I see now!  :aok
That's a pretty Pony!

Turn n' Burn!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2022, 10:19:18 AM »

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/skins/index.php?skobj=p51d&display=P51D10092105&skinname=442FS/RCAF%20By%20Vraciu

I am only the custodian of this skin.  I did not draw it but rather have restored it so that it works with the new graphics engine in AH3    Although I did a bit of cleanup on it I want to be clear that the original artwork was done by Kev367th.

Click to enlarge.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 10:27:18 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2022, 11:42:20 AM »
Cool John,that’s the skin on the 51 I use when I happen to use a 51.

Down load and try the game if you can,you get 2 weeks free in the main arenas and you can fly off line as long as you like. There are a few free arenas that don’t count against the 2 free weeks as well.

<S>

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2022, 05:28:09 PM »
Welcome John,   It's a great game experience and feel free to ask any questions.  We are happy to help.

Cheers,  One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline BAD1051

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2022, 08:39:53 PM »
 :rock  Welcome to my online crack...hahaha. This is a great game...with lots of really good people. I hope you enjoy it and stick around....and maybe bring a friend or 2 or even 10. Then start your own squad with your friends. :airplane:

Offline P/O John Mallandaine

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2023, 12:06:33 PM »
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply ... I have tried to be dead for the third time in as many years, and it's not working well.  LOL.  Thanks for all the kind words ... and my health is fine.  I have several actual photos of Y2-B, "Edmonton Special."  This year I am putting together a musical production entitled "Tribute to Courage," based on an original production I did entitled The Edmonton Special Story.  I had it published in an aviation museum's mag and a few other places and staged the production on three different Nov XI dates several years ago.  My computer is not up to the game standard ... old HP ... but not that the new Macs are out. I'm going to buy a real burner and hope this will work.  I have to have the Mac for music production reasons ... or I'd just put my money into a killer of a gaming PC.  My son has one that he paid about $6K to build, and if the new Mac fails the test, I'm going to jump onto his machine and log some hours.   Anyway ... best to all.  Safe landings and ... Happy New Year!  (Bit late, but better late than never).

John Junior

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2023, 03:38:24 PM »

P/O could also be the abbreviation for Pilot Officer, the lowest Commissioned rank in the RAF and a few other Nations.