Author Topic: Ukraine War Thread  (Read 7661 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ukraine War Thread
« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2023, 12:25:04 PM »
Just a prolonged cease fire. Or didn't you remember that little tidbit.

If it was good enough for south Korea it is good enough for Ukraine imo

Let's stop killing each other today and worry about reversing the land gains tomorrow

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2023, 12:28:02 PM »
snip

Instead of being an insulting prig.  Why not ask me my position instead of assuming?

Nowhere have I said russia was in the right. Nowhere have I said UE should just roll over.

You are become that which you hate... just saying.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 12:29:38 PM by knorB »

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2023, 12:28:54 PM »

Let's stop killing each other today and worry about reversing the land gains tomorrow

Eagler
Well, someone skipped right past that so....

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2023, 12:31:00 PM »

Eagler

Wouldn't that be for the Ukrainian's to decide?

They have already stated they are not interested while invaders are raping and pillaging their country.

So why not ask russia to withdraw to it's own territory? 

If russia(spit) even announced their intent to withdraw, there could be an immediate cease-fire while they limped back over the border.

Why won't you give peace a chance?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2023, 12:31:27 PM »

Eagler

The only way a war ends is when one or both of the participants runs out of the will or ability to continue.  At this point neither side is there.  The talking point about negotiating is coming from the Russian sympathetic side as a way to undermine western support for the war.

For UA to keep whatever peace that comes from this, the Russian ( Muscovite ) cultural belief in dominating their neighbors has to die.  It has been around for a very long time and is on their TV screens every night.  Until they move beyond questioning how their invasion went sideways and start seriously questioning the underlying premise of subjugation of everyone they can, there will be no lasting peace.  It will simply be a chance to try again.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2023, 12:36:05 PM »

Meanwhile, back to the OP...

Excalibur rounds....Jesus.

SHWING!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 12:56:35 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2023, 01:20:36 PM »
All russia(spit) has to do is withdraw back to it's borders and stay there.

You are vastly oversimplifying, making an irrelevant distinction between controlling resources through occupying territory - which is not necessary - and not acknowledging the role certain nations and governments had ensuring that a war was the only possible conclusion. This goes back to before the breakup of the USSR.

Further, in another thread you said you always say what you see and think but you do not extend others the same courtesy hence it is not a discussion but an insistence on your perspective only, which isn't 'arguing'. Adding the spit every time you type Russian is unnecessary. Yes I should imagine they have been presented as a consistent evil since before you were born. That's plain bias and indoctrination. Americans have done very bad things too. Members of all nations have. Besides, which specific Russians do you mean? The dumb f3cks in the trenches some of whom don't seem the know where they were or what they were doing there or their leaders who have ordered them there, or every last one of them, men, women and children? Again it's a vast oversimplification. Nothing is that black and white.

Finally you have a tendency to use many informal fallacies that don't hold any weight in a debate. Accusing people of being Kremlin Janes or whatever or laughing at a source because of who they are is weak arguing. In academic circles it mostly negates the necessity for a response. It's not who says a thing it's what they said and in that case of the videos you laughed at you are actually mistaken, Russel Brand is neither here nor there, that was the former prime minister of Israel whose visits and content of those meetings were documented at the time.

The civilized community of nations simply can’t tolerate that kind of aggression in the 21st century.

If this is a humanitarian intervention of self-defence against a violent aggressor then how come not a single finger has been lifted to intervene in Myanmar where civilians are similarly being violently suppressed by an anti-democratic junta as we speak. It is in fact the exact opposite. Many developed nations of the world including the US are selling weapons directly knowing full well who they're going to be used on. This is also a matter of UN record, despite the fact that several of the nations selling weapons are UN member states. It is therefore not the protection of innocent civilians that are the motivations. That's what you call a proof by contradiction.

Why don't we face it: the present model of human society depends on perpetual war, unjust and unwise distribution of resources, both natural and human without any balance and governments are merely an intermediary between those non-democratic entities who are as hell-bent on enslaving every resource the planet has to offer - including it's people - in the same way Major Kong rides the nuke in, hooting and hollering as he goes. It is highly likely a Fermi-paradox event is the end-game to this cycle. How can it be stopped as long as people's minds are so easily manipulated? Is it not odd that many of the posts herein are discussing which media outlet can be trusted and to what extent? You have to think for yourself. Get the tools and use them.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2023, 01:23:38 PM »
What scenario was Russia in that made invading Ukraine the "only possible conclusion" ?

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2023, 01:25:20 PM »
You are vastly oversimplifying,

Yawn.

I liked you better in Barbarella.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 01:33:13 PM by CptTrips »

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2023, 01:27:22 PM »
Well, that was an unexpected twist.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2023, 07:29:35 AM »
I get the impression we are going through a "squirrel" distraction moment with these "mysterious " flying objects now

Keep an ear and eye out for what we are being distracted from

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2023, 07:55:39 AM »

Refreshing to find someone capable of succinct thought.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2023, 08:00:57 AM »
Statism: The world's most dangerous religion.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2023, 08:35:43 AM »
What scenario was Russia in that made invading Ukraine the "only possible conclusion" ?

Go back and listen to Putins speeches to the UN. They shrugged him off and called him a propagandist or what ever. Thinking they can just do what ever they want on Russias border without consequence. Then they blamed a US election result on Russia, trying to make them the enemy. I mean, I'd be pretty pissed and fed up with the BS too. How many more bioweapon attacks do you want and what were they really doing with Metabiota? Imagine the level of serious corruption Russia really knows about the the west just shrugs off. Are these people really the good guys? Notice a pattern? Are these groups you want controlling the world government?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 08:54:30 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2023, 08:46:41 AM »
I get the impression we are going through a "squirrel" distraction moment with these "mysterious " flying objects now

Keep an ear and eye out for what we are being distracted from

Eagler

It's much more probable that different unconnected things happen all the time instead of a single mastermind controlling all world events.