Author Topic: Ukraine War Thread  (Read 7471 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Ukraine War Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2023, 01:47:26 PM »
Wondering then should congress declare war on Russia?

Jesus, you are a slow learner. 

We are not at war with russia(spit), yet.
We are helping the Ukrainians to turn them back there  so that we don't have to go to war with russia(spit).

If you are against that, then you are pro-war.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2023, 01:50:26 PM »
Wondering then should congress declare war on Russia?

We are at war aren't we?

You are in war? Perhaps, but not in Ukraine. You know, as far as I with my limited military experience can imagine, being at war means troops to be deployed. And only Americans I know in Ukraine are volunteers.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2023, 02:49:32 PM »
You are in war? Perhaps, but not in Ukraine. You know, as far as I with my limited military experience can imagine, being at war means troops to be deployed. And only Americans I know in Ukraine are volunteers.

Cold War 2.0 much like 1.0, fought with proxies.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2023, 03:02:06 PM »
Cold War 2.0 much like 1.0, fought with proxies.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 03:04:28 PM by GasTeddy »
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2023, 08:30:31 AM »
Moscow politician says Russia should ‘denazify’ Baltics and Poland

https://www.lrt.lt/en/news-in-english/19/1686181/moscow-politician-says-russia-should-denazify-baltics-and-poland

“If we don’t support Ukraine now, there will be new targets for [Vladimir] Putin,” said Paweł Jabłoński, the Polish deputy minister for foreign affairs. “A Russian politician recently suggested that Russia should ‘denazify’ six more countries after Ukraine, including Poland. What we do now, we do out of solidarity and in support of the victims.” 

“The opinion throughout Polish society is that if Russia succeeds in Ukraine by claiming territory, whether in Kherson or Zaporizhzhia, there will be the next war, and another after that…,” said Łukasz Jankowski, a political journalist who covers the Polish Parliament. “The feeling is that our basic safety and our independence will be in danger if Russia wins.” 

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20230211-we-will-be-in-danger-if-russia-wins-security-concerns-drive-poland-s-support-for-ukraine

The good news is that russia(spit) has said they have nooooooo intention of invading Poland and the Baltic States.  No, of course not.  No intention at all.  Fake news.

The bad news is, I think they said that at the same news conference they said that there were "no such plans" for invading Ukraine.

:rofl

« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 09:21:32 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2023, 10:57:27 AM »
Use Google, here some examples:

https://www.w3newspapers.com/russia/    https://tass.com/      http://en.kremlin.ru/     http://government.ru/en/news/ 

https://twitter.com/RT_com   https://sputniknews.com/   https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64543618

What comes to that persecution of Russians, guess what ignited them. And they are not killed en masse, sent to prison without charges or anything like that, what is claimed in propaganda.

Putin started this propaganda war already more than decade ago. For example, now there has been concentration camps and crematories in Karelia where Finnish nazis have killed thousands of Russian during WW2 according to official truth, despite the fact no trace of them was found by Soviets after the WW2.

I only use Google as a last resort because of lopsided censorship to put it mildly. I also boycott the BBC for same reason…

However, thank you for the links, I’ve already come across some rather interesting articles on the other sites and definitely propaganda too.

RT news was once part of my cable TV provider package, but they got rid of it. I used to watch it a lot circa 2015-18, it had varying and interesting reporting from many perspectives (as their foreign reporters would criticize the Federation). NPR criticizes them as a propaganda arm of the Russian Federation lol, apparently NPR doesn’t ever looked in the mirror.

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2023, 11:48:08 AM »
Reuters and AP appear to be the best sources - most factual and least biased...NPR and BBC both near top center though.  Can you find your usual news source on this chart?

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2023, 11:54:07 AM »
I think it's not possible to discuss these events here as de-equiped and ill-motivated as some people are to think for themselves. Quite a lot of abundantly obvious inconsistency if only you choose to look and want to know the truth instead of support your faction.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2023, 12:01:20 PM »
I don't take any one source of a story at face value.

As far as the war in Ukraine, Rabbidrabbit is pulling information organically from loads of different sources - many from first hand accounts on both sides. There is no real "truth" to be had from just one source. I believe if one has a real interest to learn about something, you have to go a lot deeper than just a news service.

Take it all in and realize the all sides are going to be spinning the output. You really have to weigh everything and put the pieces together yourself.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2023, 12:02:40 PM »
Reuters and AP appear to be the best sources - most factual and least biased...NPR and BBC both near top center though.  Can you find your usual news source on this chart?

There might be minor things I would quibble, but I think that chart is mostly fair.

The problem is you are talking to people that think InfoWars is the center of fair and balanced and everything else is left of that.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2023, 12:04:52 PM »
I think it's not possible to discuss these events here as de-equiped and ill-motivated as some people are to think for themselves. Quite a lot of abundantly obvious inconsistency if only you choose to look and want to know the truth instead of support your faction.

The main reason why it's impossible to discuss things here is that the moderation shuts it down.

That's why rabbidrabbit linked the thread at icom - where people can weigh in or just read about it without it being locked.

Offline Eviscerate

• Copper Member
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2023, 12:30:25 PM »
The main reason why it's impossible to discuss things here is that the moderation shuts it down.

That's why rabbidrabbit linked the thread at icom - where people can weigh in or just read about it without it being locked.
If I had to guess I'd say it's the same few people that end up bickering back and forth throwing insults at each other that get the threads locked.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2023, 12:53:44 PM »
I'm not sure why some threads get locked.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2023, 04:55:07 PM »
I'm not sure why some threads get locked.

so you can bring people to your site, since it's not moderate.

insults and threats allowed there.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2023, 05:34:50 PM »
I quit trusting AP when they were in the same building with hamas terrorist.

Hard to trust any so called news site 100%.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)