Author Topic: Ukraine War Thread  (Read 7629 times)

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
Re: Ukraine War Thread
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2023, 11:27:55 AM »
I hope you all 10+years older than me had the same zeal for the sovereignty of South Vietnam. 

However, I know with at least two of you the only reason you so vehemently say you support Ukrainian sovereignty is because you believe that P is great friends with T…

It's very easy to say victory at all costs when one's rear isn't sitting in the foxhole.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2023, 11:35:16 AM »
It's very easy to say victory at all costs when one's rear isn't sitting in the foxhole.

It's very easy to say hand over a third of your country to an aggressor when it's not your town that would be under putin's rule.

And the Ukrainians are smarter than many here.  They understand clearly it wouldn't end there, just like it didn't end with russia(spit) taking Crimea.

They know putin would simply refit and then come for the remaining 2/3 later.

You know what would be easy?  It  would be easy for russia(spit) to simply move their forces back to their territory.

Wouldn't that be easy?

There are sure a lot of Kremlin Janes around here.  :rofl

« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 11:38:37 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2023, 11:36:40 AM »
So re-invade NK?

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2023, 11:38:42 AM »

They know putin would simply refit and then come for the remaining 2/3 later.

Not with UE immediate inclusion into NATO.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2023, 11:42:08 AM »

:aok

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2023, 11:42:16 AM »
So re-invade NK?

Did you read that NK invaded SK?  Or did they not teach that at Prager University.   :rolleyes:
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2023, 11:43:42 AM »
Not with UE immediate inclusion into NATO.

Which we should do as soon as we have helped Ukraine push the Orcs out of their country.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2023, 11:47:18 AM »
If you think a judge's world view does not affect verdicts and sentences, you are sadly mistaken. That is what a service record is for, and should be used as a tool for keeping or removal of a judge.

In my county Judges are on the ballot, and I have voted not to retain more than a few of them in years past. However, most don’t even look at them or research them; those that do are mainly in the legal profession in some way. That’s at the local level for retention and unfortunately is the fairest method, but far from the best as it’s the rarest of occasions they lose their seat on the bench through elections.

Federal judges of course a different ball of wax through appointment.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2023, 11:54:04 AM »
Did you read that NK invaded SK?  Or did they not teach that at Prager University.   :rolleyes:

Just a prolonged cease fire. Or didn't you remember that little tidbit.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2023, 11:56:16 AM »
Let me just clarify my position for all our Kremlin Jane friends out there so they don’t keep embarrassing themselves.

I am against any nation using aggressive war for territorial acquisition.  I am willing to help any country trying to defend against another using war to take their land.

Russia wasn’t attacked by Ukraine.  Russia wasn’t attacked by terrorist groups based in Ukraine.

Putin simply wants Ukraine’s land and so he is trying to take it.

The civilized community of nations simply can’t tolerate that kind of aggression in the 21st century.

I am willing to provide Ukraine with as much assistance as necessary to resist that kind of naked aggression as long as they want to fight it.  If they decided tomorrow it wasn’t worth it, then I would respect their decision.  I just don’t want it to be because they were starved of the tools to defend themselves.

And I would like to point out to the rational reader, that not one of the Kremlin Janes has explained why the simplest solution wouldn’t be for russia to simply withdraw back to it’s territory.

Not one of the Janes has addressed that.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2023, 11:57:25 AM »
Quote from: CptTrips link=topic=406880.msg5389260#msg5389260 date=1676309716

[/quote

Intellectual dishonesty at best.

Caring a lot more about what is happening in America for a US citizen than some all to familiar situation another European nation(s) has allowed themselves to get in over their heads is not tantamount to being partial to Russia as you purport ad nauseam.

In truth, I care very little about either nation state and differ to their people to fix their problems. The US is not and should not be the world’s military police force no matter how much some want us as such.

Aside from France, what European nation was fully committed to helping the US gain independence from Britain…?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2023, 12:00:43 PM »
Let me just clarify my position for all our Kremlin Jane friends out there so they don’t keep embarrassing themselves.

I am against any nation using aggressive war for territorial acquisition.  I am willing to help any country trying to defend against another using war to take their land.

Russia wasn’t attacked by Ukraine.  Russia wasn’t attacked by terrorist groups based in Ukraine.

Putin simply wants Ukraine’s land and so he is trying to take it.

The civilized community of nations simply can’t tolerate that kind of aggression in the 21st century.

I am willing to provide Ukraine with as much assistance as necessary to resist that kind of naked aggression as long as they want to fight it.  If they decided tomorrow it wasn’t worth it, then I would respect their decision.  I just don’t want it to be because they were starved of the tools to defend themselves.

And I would like to point out to the rational reader, that not one of the Kremlin Janes has explained why the simplest solution wouldn’t be for russia to simply withdraw back to it’s territory.

Not one of the Janes has addressed that.

It's OK when WE do it. I didn't know you were such a pro Iraq and pro afghan invasion.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2023, 12:02:25 PM »
It's OK when WE do it. I didn't know you were such a pro Iraq and pro afghan invasion.

Jane, you are embarrassing yourself again.

Those were not wars of territorial acquisition.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2023, 12:03:30 PM »
[quote author=CptTrips link=topic=406880.msg5389260#msg5389260 date=1676309716

Intellectual dishonesty at best.

Caring a lot more about what is happening in America for a US citizen than some all to familiar situation another European nation(s) has allowed themselves to get in over their heads is not tantamount to being partial to Russia as you purport ad nauseam.

In truth, I care very little about either nation state and differ to their people to fix their problems. The US is not and should not be the world’s military police force no matter how much some want us as such.

Aside from France, what European nation was fully committed to helping the US gain independence from Britain…?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2023, 12:05:06 PM »

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

And Kremlin Jane has still not addressed the simplest solution.

If you want peace, why not ask russia to withdraw to it's own territory?

Does that question scare you?  Wouldn't that seem reasonable?