Author Topic: Hurricane Electric Internet backbone provider  (Read 268 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Hurricane Electric Internet backbone provider
« on: February 09, 2023, 10:23:49 AM »
Anybody else having problems with Hurricane Electric?   I'm not sure when this started but its been going on a while now.

Typical route to the AH MA server, showing 60-80% packet loss through Hurricane Electric's servers. 

Not sure what I can do.  I remember having terrible connections to AH when my ISP was Comcast, since then I'm on city provided fiber optic and the connection had been much better initially, with no more hops through Level3 provider.  But at some point this happened.   

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hurricane Electric Internet backbone provider
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 06:21:52 PM »
If its been happening for days you might have to call them up and hope you get someone that will actually help instead of "reset and see what happens"

Last time I had major issues within the ISP with routing within their network, I called tech support and luckily got someone who knew their stuff. We ran some traceroutes together and he verified the problem was internal within their network. 48 hours later it was all fixed
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women