Author Topic: Map Room Can Collide  (Read 414 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Map Room Can Collide
« on: February 13, 2023, 09:59:37 AM »
In the TE write-up that I am using, it is stated that Can Collide should be unchecked for any Map Rooms placed on the map (as they are for "no-town" fields) so they can't be destroyed.  However, this makes it possible to enter the Map Room with a vehicle or chute.  Checking Can Collide makes the Map Room like those in towns and Vbases -- not able to be entered.

I notice that the Object setting in the MA for Map Room is Hardness = .0015  However, I've never seen a Map Room destroyed by bombs or guns.  (I think there is a "Map Room Destroyed" message when a base is captured.)

Is it necessary to uncheck Can Collide to prevent a Map Room from being destroyed, or is that outdated information?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Map Room Can Collide
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 03:46:15 PM »
If I remember correctly, a MPR installed on a townless base, will generate an error message preventing an upload, unless the Collide checkbox is unchecked.

It is somewhat frustrating, especially if your defending a base and trying to kill troops at the map room, HE rounds will not detonate when they hit the map room structure, and as you pointed out gv's can actually enter the Map room and hide..
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 05:21:01 PM »
If I remember correctly, a MPR installed on a townless base, will generate an error message preventing an upload, unless the Collide checkbox is unchecked.

Yep.  Thanks for pointing that out.   :salute

As a test, I set a Map Room to Can Collide and tried to destroy it (offline).  Dropped 2 x 1000lb bombs on it with no effect, even though it was set to .0015 hardness.   Then set bomber hangars to .0015 hardness and was able to destroy it with a short burst of .50 cal.  Seems there is something in the coad that prevents Map Rooms from being destroyed regardless of the hardness setting.

Or....something.   :headscratch:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 05:58:07 PM by popeye »
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 09:47:59 PM »
Have you played with the Object Editor yet??
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 09:18:04 AM »
Never tried the Object Editor.  Are custom Objects allowed in the game?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2023, 04:57:03 PM »
Not that I know of.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76