Author Topic: New map is up! Welcome to AH3 (ATOL)  (Read 449 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
New map is up! Welcome to AH3 (ATOL)
« on: February 16, 2023, 06:27:24 PM »
Now how about that.... 2 new maps in 1 week lets go!

:rock :x :cheers:

Off to check it out  :bolt:

:banana: :joystick: :airplane:

Congratz KONG  :aok <S>
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 06:29:06 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: New map is up! Welcome to AH3 (ATOL)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 05:58:10 PM »
Wasn’t the biggest fan of this map. Could sue some tweaking but it’s nice to have new stuff.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 08:17:03 PM »
Wasn’t the biggest fan of this map. Could sue some tweaking but it’s nice to have new stuff.

Well, 2 out of the last three maps your not a fan of...... why? Your answer may help the next map.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 08:50:58 PM »
Maybe he doesn’t like all the mountains immediately surrounding most airfields.

I like the close proximity of bases with each other to make for less transit times, but there are a lot of mountains to get over or around right after takeoff. Those can make base defense even more difficult when your enemy won’t let you get alt…
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 09:01:27 PM »
The mountains I could take or leave they didn’t really bother me. Was more the lack of ability to play the middle. The fights seem to be stuck to only the most extreme corners of the map. There’s not enough airfields maybe?

This game, it’s planes and vehicles, it’s many maps, all of them are subjective and nobody has to agree with me.

Wanna here my thoughts on the snow lol.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2023, 01:44:26 PM »
Well, 2 out of the last three maps your not a fan of...... why? Your answer may help the next map.
for once I'm just happy I'm not the target of fugi  :cheers: :noid :bolt:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 02:04:59 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2023, 02:46:24 PM »
It's a nice change of pace. It's called thinking outside the box. Moving objects became more visible. The only drawback i had, I felt compelled to drink hot chocolate, and did.

No matter who makes what, every object will be critiqued until the world goes flat. Go through the proper channels and make it anyway. Even real-life has flaws.

I'm not a fan of artistic maps, like pin-wheels and pizza's and stufff like that, I'm a realist, but others love them. And if that maintains a player base then it should be. Something I like and others hate is right around the corner.

>IMO< The best point is, the players are into the immersion and willing to contribute their passion to better the game/sim. Not every attempt will be successful, most will.

WWII took place over several diverse terrains, the most common being European. This country had this terrain, that country had another. It was somewhat different depending on what country you were fighting in. IMO I think consideration could be given to the size of the land mass(es) according to player base. A lot of small wars spread out, not too often big wars. And maybe that's what scenarios are for, but still.

2 cents
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2023, 02:59:00 PM »
I like the new maps. Airfield close, different terrains.
Thanks
 :salute