Author Topic: Old hands are flopstarz  (Read 563 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Old hands are flopstarz
« on: February 18, 2023, 05:34:45 PM »
So, Rudboi goes full on flop-star as I get on his 6, and as his land-trouting works and he gets on my six, I decide turnabout is fair play, so I just started kicking my rudder...

And then Rudboi has the gall to accuse me of flop-starring, lofl, when I only did it because of his initial weaksauceness in doing it.

Hypocrites have always amused me.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Old hands are flopstarz
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 05:47:34 PM »
 :rock  :airplane:  :old:

" Fight like you train, Train like you Fight"

:old:

:cheers:

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 06:12:13 PM »
What is flop staring?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 06:16:09 PM »
Stick-stirring to make it hard for the system to keep up with control inputs and it makes the plane look like it's flopping around, not flying
 smoothly.  Some will even go so far as to induce snap-roll stalls for the same effect... makes tracking them very difficult - a desperation move. 

It's more visible when you watch the film with trails on.

What is flop staring?
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2023, 06:20:08 PM »
films shows u zig zagging all over the place....I made u overshot easily LOL
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2023, 06:33:39 PM »

I  have not seen the film yet but I am thinking that Shane handed you your  :ahand  :devil

« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 06:35:46 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2023, 06:38:36 PM »
You struggle with reading? Or even acknowledging your hypocrisy?  Check your flops, boi.

"I decide turnabout is fair play, so I just started kicking my rudder..."

Your flopping saved you, yes.   And you think it's skill, lol.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 06:42:38 PM by Shane »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2023, 06:41:52 PM »
No, Rudboi's flopping save made me decide to do the same - flop around.  It's not something I do or am known for, but I knew it was him and was surprised by his desperation, so decided to return the favor.

No big deal, actually, I see desperation flops all the time - just surprised it was him and only calling him on it because of his hypocrisy in the arena about it - accusing me of doing it, lol, after he did. 

I  have not seen the film yet but I am thinking that Shane handed you your  :ahand  :devil

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2023, 06:49:05 PM »
No, Rudboi's flopping save made me decide to do the same - flop around.  It's not something I do or am known for, but I knew it was him and was surprised by his desperation, so decided to return the favor.

No big deal, actually, I see desperation flops all the time - just surprised it was him and only calling him on it because of his hypocrisy in the arena about it - accusing me of doing it, lol, after he did. 

:cheers: just ribbing Rud3boi, I have not seen him or talked to him on the phone in a few blue moons

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2023, 11:15:01 PM »
yo TC. Shane O man watch the film from my cockpit view.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2023, 05:07:22 AM »

Hey Rud3boi 🤣 😂 🤣  I  love both of you and Shane (Oopsy) ...hahaha, You 2 "Hotshots" act exactly alike when you see something that doesn't look right in the game...hahaha  😉

Love y'all but y'all have always been doing this...hahaha it doesn't bother me, because I know how much y'all really dig in and love the "FIGHT"

I will try to get to watching the film today...

TC/ Johnny

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2023, 08:08:48 AM »
How can I when you haven't posted your perspective?  You've had enough experience seeing the flop maneuver knowing the effect it has on the other end.

Was it deliberate on your part, I don't know, but it was you going off hypocritically about it on ch200 afterwards is why we're here viewing film of your flopping and mine.  You can't even seem to admit yours saved you.

I know exactly what you saw... and I know exactly what I saw.  You had more vertical to work with is why you had success, and why your view of my rudder skids were nothing like your snaproll rudder-kick flop.

But, once again, your flop made me return the favor.  It's that simple. Your desperation saved you this time, <shrug.> 

And as you can see, I did indeed post the "pony" film like you snarkily inferred I wouldn't (I also caught the retard comment).   

I don't misrepresent situations like so many players are wont to. Looks like you're joining that crowd.  Or maybe I should just start emulating the players who game every aspect they can for some reason?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 09:54:43 AM by Shane »

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2023, 09:20:25 AM »
I am one of those that rather people speak their mind rather than holding there tongue!

Is why I have always tried to make sure that the film is rolling to back up my posts regarding this game

Let er Rip!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2023, 02:11:52 AM »
Not every old hand wants to know the opinion of a noobie, if it differs from theirs.