Author Topic: 3 story building tank hiding?  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Luft

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.fw190.org (soon to be resurrected w/ new domain)
Re: 3 story building tank hiding?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2023, 11:38:02 AM »
Thanks for the info Kenai!

I didn't think it would still be in the rotation after all the hoopla. That is good news.
It is a fun break from the regular grind, at least for me.

What I would really like to see, and this is something you might be willing to help with so I'm putting it out there for everyone, is a new WW1 map. I know it is not a pay-to-play arena but if there were lots of bridges, tight canyons, and other obstacles to fly around it would be awesome!
Only two sides also, no need for three. Because of the slow speed these kites fly at, you need a lot of trees and other features to evade. Most of the fighting is very low so the thought of a few bridges to fly under or some sharp dropping 500 ft cliffs would be great. The arena has a lot of potential but is not used much. Maybe due to the inability to capture fields. The place is usually hopping on Friday and Saturday nights. Lots of fun.

Thank you for the maps you and the others make!
Outstanding work! <S>
Luft
Luft

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2023, 02:35:51 PM »
when the owner of the game won't even reply to a major bug.. you know what shape the game is in.
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2023, 03:50:43 PM »
when the owner of the game won't even reply to a major bug.. you know what shape the game is in.

Did you read this thread?

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,407193.0.html

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2024, 11:23:07 PM »
Can't you just kill them with some bombs?
no jest get TyFoo he has been shooting though walls with his t34,, got me twice with first shot direct hits, I parked in there to have coffee in an m18, in tank land. But hoestly I hide in them when i have to run an errand, and often comeback to find myself bombed out or surrounded lol
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2024, 11:38:58 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
no jest get TyFoo he has been shooting though walls with his t34,, got me twice with first shot direct hits, I parked in there to have coffee in an m18, in tank land. But hoestly I hide in them when i have to run an errand, and often comeback to find myself bombed out or surrounded lol
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2024, 04:11:11 PM »
Lol…..you guys just scratching the surface.   

Why name rudiments after yourself when someone beat you to it.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2024, 11:44:38 AM »
Tanks were hiding in buildings in WW2, but not in unscathed ones. In real world, one needs minimum tank size hole in a building to get it in there and that size of a hole is visible.

These hacks or bugs, using them for own advantage, well... In real war everything possible is used, but this kind things do not exist there. I'm not going to use them, as I have a life in real world and I consider this kind of acts childish. Perhaps ego needs more boosting than is possible to get normal way? But as I wrote up there, difference between gamer and virtual pilot seems to go just there. I rather stick in reality in AH.

Good point about reality.  When jaeger had Thursday Night Tank night going, he had a command to turn buildings into bombed out structures.  That was a fun option and made it more “realistic”.  Then there’s the fact that in WWII there was poor weather (fog, low cloud layers, etc) that would make AH more real world “realistic” making the “bomb****”, long range tank snipers, etc complaints less of an issue.  Yeah, Hoagi uses the 3 story bug frequently.  It’s quickly noticed and easy to avoid vs whining about it.  Always entertaining when complaints about realism are generated. 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2024, 06:14:56 AM »
Good point about reality.  When jaeger had Thursday Night Tank night going, he had a command to turn buildings into bombed out structures.  That was a fun option and made it more “realistic”.  Then there’s the fact that in WWII there was poor weather (fog, low cloud layers, etc) that would make AH more real world “realistic” making the “bomb****”, long range tank snipers, etc complaints less of an issue.  Yeah, Hoagi uses the 3 story bug frequently.  It’s quickly noticed and easy to avoid vs whining about it.  Always entertaining when complaints about realism are generated.
AGREED SIR! Nothing a little, ole Spit16 with 250lb bombs can't sort out :devil Buildings...meh! :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2024, 04:59:47 PM »
AGREED SIR! Nothing a little, ole Spit16 with 250lb bombs can't sort out :devil Buildings...meh! :rofl

Well, I have noticed some Spits can kill tanks just by their guns. One, sometimes two bursts. Maybe special ammo sold under the counter.
The Mad   CatMan!