Author Topic: Screen Freeze..short duration...motor quits  (Read 368 times)

Offline Papaw

• Zinc Member
Screen Freeze..short duration...motor quits
« on: April 02, 2023, 11:51:59 AM »
I hate to post again but now I have the microphone issue fixed and in the middle of a flight... I will get a screen glitch and the motor quits. When the freeze lets go...short duration, maybe one second, the motor must be restarted. Normally happens once a flight. Has anyone experienced anything like this?
Clipp
"The Last Clipper"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Screen Freeze..short duration...motor quits
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 11:56:52 AM »
check your stick mappings. You might have gotten a corrupted file and one of the buttons shuts off your motor with something else causing the "pause".

Another good reason to keep a clean copy of the settings folder someplace outside the game folder. If an issue pops up, drop in a copy of the settings folder and teast again. If it clears you know where the issue was, if not you know to look someplace else.

Offline Papaw

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 12:52:33 PM »
Thank you for the reply..
Clipp
"The Last Clipper"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 01:39:45 PM »
There's many sorts of issues I've encountered due to not restarting Windows between games. Either keep the Shift button down when shutting down Windows or click Restart. Both have been claimed to wipe any potentially corrupted settings and make Windows start fresh although I trust the former method a bit more.

Further, if you have an Nvidia video card, a custom clean install is recommendable for the drivers. Also, if you don't use your monitor speakers, don't install the HDMI sound drivers and disable the Nvidia sound device in the Device Manager.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 03:44:04 PM »
Worth noting a change in sound drivers causes the 'motor restart' - it's a sound cue only - your motor doesn't actually quit. Not sure what is happening in your case but it may be related to sound drivers still.