Author Topic: Setup  (Read 551 times)

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
Setup
« on: March 26, 2023, 01:14:34 PM »
I have a x52 pro stick and throttle with saitek pedals.

Setting up is the part I dread the most. I remember this taking a good amount of time to get things dialed in.

I have forgotten how I had my stick setup. For views I would toggle my pinkie switch on my hat switch for another set of 8 views. I would hold it down and get all my up views then released it would go back to normal hat switch views. I did not have to press it twice to enter each mode. I’m not sure if I had to go into the files folder or what I did being over 10 years ago.

Has anyone figured out a solid x52 profile to include the slider and the two axis’s on the throttle? I think I had the axis’s mapped for trim but can’t recall. The slider and mouse I never used.

After fumbling around for a hour trying to set this up I can only imagine how long the Oculus Quest 2 will take once I sort this out

Thanks for your time in advance.

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: Setup
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 01:35:21 PM »
In game go to escape to open the box for choices then preferences, map controllers, and pick the controller you are mapping. Double click a button you want to map and set it off the box that pops up, you have to set your axis here as well. That is off the top of my head but should be close.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 01:56:46 PM »
I've been back a year and still tweek my buttons. It is a ongoing thing. Latest is changing my zoom button.

Takes a couple hours for the first setup. Then as you play you tweek.

The up view had changed since last playing. Have a hat switch on my throttle that switches the stick hat to up. Forward on the throttle hat gives up views, back is combat trim on and off. Confusing enough ? Well being that two hat switches are close together on the throttle, they are both setup the same. Big thumbs....
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 02:50:58 PM »
For my warthog, the 8 way hat switch is set for the views, fwd, fwd right, right, right rear, rear, left rear, left, fwd left, for the 8 views. On my throttle I have a button set to "look up". pressing that and any of the hat switch gives me that left AND up look your talking about. Press and hold the up and you hit the other hat.

For axis I use them for map zoom and view zooms. The roller on the mouse is set to zoom in and out when the clipboard map is up, but I rarely use the mouse once in the game and in VR never. So I have a button mapped to bring up the clipboard, and another to go to zoom. Once you are in zoom I use one axis slider to zoom in and out on my view, and another for the zoom on the map.

Once you have your settings like you want them its easy to transfer them to the VR side. Normally you have to go into VR and set everything all over again, but a shortcut is navigate to the settings folder in the game folder find you joystick "jsm" file, copy it and rename it with "VR_" in front of it and save. Do the same for your rudders and throttle.

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 08:33:05 PM »
Thank you

What is the name of the function that you map on your throttle? That is what I am looking for

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 09:36:11 PM »
I have the same set up and it definitely toook me a bit to get adjusted after a 12 year hiatus. Don’t forget to mirror your mappings for all game modes. Planes, GVs, guns etc.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2023, 10:10:19 PM »
Thank you

What is the name of the function that you map on your throttle? That is what I am looking for

For the look up, its look up :)

double click the button your going to use for the look up set (or double click it in the list of switches), it should highlight the switch in the list on the right side. Click "views", scroll down to "look up" click it then "ok" to close the window, then "ok" to save it on the clipboard.

The same goes for the axis. Besure you have the controller your working on in the drop down box, move the axis to see which one has the input changes in the numbers on the list, double click that axis on the list and it will open the "analoge" list of option automatically. Select which thing you want to asign to the axis, click "ok" to close the window, and click "ok" on the clipboard to save.

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 12:15:04 AM »
 Button 5 is the pinkie switch on a x52. I assign View Look Up to button 5 and it does nothing. Reset back to default map and tried again, nothing. Shows the button is assigned and it pulls up mapping when double clicked.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2023, 07:30:38 AM »
I used the rotor on the throttle for trim

The pinkie was wep

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2023, 07:49:28 AM »
Button 5 is the pinkie switch on a x52. I assign View Look Up to button 5 and it does nothing. Reset back to default map and tried again, nothing. Shows the button is assigned and it pulls up mapping when double clicked.

My pinky one does not work either even when it’s mapped. The two dials on on my throttle all of a sudden stopped working too.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2023, 08:24:16 AM »
I had to open windows game controller window, select a device,  leave the window open and then start AH so that AH would see all of the x52 assignments correctly in the game

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2023, 12:56:59 PM »
 This is crazy. I rebooted my pc and the button/function is recognized. Thanks for the words fellas.

Next step is to tackle the Oculus.