Author Topic: First Film... Need some help  (Read 1851 times)

Offline MDStampf93

• Nickel Member
Re: First Film... Need some help
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2023, 11:20:47 AM »
Quick update on how things are going...

Switched to OBS which was a life saver, still going to mess around with some other programs but OBS is already better than Fraps by a long shot.

Still need to figure out how to carry audio from the Film viewer over, but I also have plans to add additional audios and custom sounds to the films.

Again this video has no sound yet but as you can see the quality is immensely better.

MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2023, 01:04:01 PM »
audio should be a track in OBS, Believe it's system audio or something.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline MDStampf93

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2023, 01:07:12 PM »
Is there a download anywhere that you know of with Aces High 3 sounds in .wav or .mp3 format? Can't find one anywhere, I'd rather add the sound in myself than try to record from the film viewer.
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2023, 01:27:08 PM »
I had to dig back to AH2 with a couple of my films and pull the sounds from there. Don't think they are separate files anymore. You can probably just download a soundpack. Personally I just do an audio track and add some sounds here and there for emphasis. Also a trick if your computer can handle it during OBS recording - you can turn on all the fancy graphics in game and they'll carry over to film viewer, despite you not having those graphics on at the time of the film recording.

Audio should come over from the film viewer - you just need to set in OBS to capture an audio source (probably desktop audio is easiest). But it does get wonky when you are messing about using fast forward/rewind and not 'resetting' the film by using the slider up top.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline MDStampf93

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2023, 01:31:05 PM »
Ill have to try that trick with the graphics settings for sure.

If you see a sound pack download anywhere let me know, been digging through a hundred threads trying to find one that works.

:salute
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2023, 04:20:06 PM »
You can download the AHII game here https://www.moddb.com/games/aces-high-ii/downloads/aces-high-ii-full-install It will have the original wav files for the sounds. You can not pull the sound files out of AHIII unless you use a 3rd party recorder and spend all that time recording straight from the game.

OBS studios does a good job of recording the sound straight from the films. I think I have mine all set to default and it works ok.

Offline MDStampf93

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2023, 05:12:20 PM »
Thats exactly what I was looking for, thank you Fugitive!

:aok
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2023, 08:34:59 PM »
May I suggest turning off the icons? Even in HD they're just colored blurs, so I think the end result will look better without them.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2023, 03:56:49 AM »
By using OBS you're just overcomplicating the process needlessly, as shown by needing to go and download AH2 sound files.  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline MDStampf93

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2023, 11:45:35 AM »
Yah... that ended up being a horrible idea, this whole project will end of getting scrapped and restarted multiple times as I get better at editing and recording. I have greatly appreciated the info you all have provided though.
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Online Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2023, 09:32:56 PM »
I don't think you'd ever get just playing a sound file to match up with your video. That sounds like a waste of time even trying to me. I'm guessing you want to cut in different shots you're setting up in the film viewer with other video tracks? What I'd done is use one video/audio track as the main track. Only use that audio track for your vid. You can see the waveform of the audio track. I would drag the second video clip around the timeline until something that I can identify in the main video, like guns firing, matches up with the audio track in the main one. You'll see a spike in the waveform when the guns fire. Zoom in on the track to get it synced up. Match up something like a muzzle flash in your secondary clip with the sound of the guns in the primary. Or bomb dropping wth the release sound, and so on. Anyway, that's what I'd do. The sounds are already there for you to use. No need to download anything. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2023, 03:32:22 AM »
I'm not going to toot my horn and de-rail your own film thread with examples and toejam from my own youtube for attention, therefore if you would like any of my advise shoot me a PM and I'll take time to answer between sleep, work and food  :aok
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline MDStampf93

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2023, 06:05:38 PM »
Drano,

Yah trying to add in audio individually was a complete waste of time, I’m just recording the audio in the film viewer now and doing my best to capture it correctly since the film viewer can be finicky. It does help to have those sound files tho because I can add in engine noise at a low volume when the film viewer didn’t pick it up.

LCADolby,

Yah man I’d love to take a look at some of your work and pick your brain.

I’m about 60% complete with what I will post as the finished product of my first real film, stay tuned  :aok

Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2023, 03:14:36 PM »
Thanks Nefarious.

I will try OBS Studio and Windows movie maker next to see if the quality improves at all.

I use Movie Maker. Not sure if it's better or not.
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2023, 03:20:49 PM »
Here is an IL2 video I did using OBS studio and Adobe Premiere CS3. It was a pain because I needed old codecs for Premiere to read the OBS video files. One day I'll dabble in AH3 videos.

https://youtu.be/WBd94PPtCRc

Killer
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/