Author Topic: Old School member crawling back  (Read 346 times)

Offline N8MAW

• Zinc Member
Old School member crawling back
« on: April 02, 2023, 01:44:06 PM »
Hey everyone. N8Dog here of 3rd MAW. Started flying yeeeeeears ago in Air Warrior, migrated to AH after AW folded. Back then my squad had probable 50 people in it and we had squad nights a few times a week. Life happened and I quit flying in probably 2009 or so. I just got back form the USAF museum in Dayton OH and it kind of made me think about this sim. I didnt know if even existed anymore, but it looks like it does although it seems to be a shell of its former self. Anywho, I think I'll fire up the old stick and see how things are 15 years later.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Old School member crawling back
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 01:59:46 PM »
Welcome back! There are still a few of us "old dogs" here (MDJOE in AW, Fugitive in AH) The numbers have been picking up lately so is the fun.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 02:08:22 PM »
You wont regret it !!
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Online Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 02:09:57 PM »
This is the new trend here welcome back. Same happened to me I remember your call sign!
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 04:50:37 PM »
Welcome back

Just started back this week, before that it was 2011. I have only been able to find a few hours to fly and it is still very fun. I even got VR up and running which is an experience you need to try if you have the means to. It is something we all thought of back then and now it is pretty easy to setup and is affordable. You are in the cockpit.

Take some time to get setup and enjoy it! The more the merrier. Seems there are quite a few returning older players like myself. If you are the n8 I am thinking of we might of flew in some fso together.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 06:35:08 PM »
I just got back form the USAF museum in Dayton OH and it kind of made me think about this sim.

I was just there the other day
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 09:53:43 PM »
Hey everyone. N8Dog here of 3rd MAW. Started flying yeeeeeears ago in Air Warrior, migrated to AH after AW folded. Back then my squad had probable 50 people in it and we had squad nights a few times a week. Life happened and I quit flying in probably 2009 or so. I just got back form the USAF museum in Dayton OH and it kind of made me think about this sim. I didnt know if even existed anymore, but it looks like it does although it seems to be a shell of its former self. Anywho, I think I'll fire up the old stick and see how things are 15 years later.

I did the same, it's like home. You're going to know peeps here. :)
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 08:11:32 AM »
Welcome back!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2023, 09:31:27 AM »
Wow long time no see. Welcome back.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)