Author Topic: Bye bye dollar hello endless wars  (Read 5706 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Bye bye dollar hello endless wars
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2023, 12:18:06 PM »

May I propose international currency used all over the world:

:rofl  Or better yet:

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2023, 01:24:57 PM »
Mayan used cocoa beans as a form of currency,  I guess money used to grow on trees.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2023, 02:05:10 PM »
FEDNOW is paper money going digital- the first step in replacing it imo. It will be how the fed directly supports weak banks at first until everyone has to be on board to be competitive.

If a local currency has to be converted to $$$ for transactions they already have the local currency they need

Do you think countries will continue to sacrifice their standard of living to support our bloated one?

I mean if they are not forced to with threats of Iraq, Libya and Egypt just to name a few..if they don't

You know like it is today..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2023, 02:40:54 PM »
FEDNOW is paper money going digital- the first step in replacing it imo. It will be how the fed directly supports weak banks at first until everyone has to be on board to be competitive.

If a local currency has to be converted to $$$ for transactions they already have the local currency they need

Do you think countries will continue to sacrifice their standard of living to support our bloated one?

I mean if they are not forced to with threats of Iraq, Libya and Egypt just to name a few..if they don't

You know like it is today..

Eagler

I'm not sure you are understanding my point.

Who ever is the reserve currency has to have enough in circulation for their own needs and to cover all other international transactions simultaneously everywhere all over the world.

Just because Italy might have enough Lira to buy a  million barrels of oil doesn't mean there are enough Lira in circulation for all countries all over the world to transact their trade in Lira simultaneously. They would have to massively expand their money supply to allow that volume with predictable results.

What country has that volume of currency in distribution to cover all trades and has less inflation than the US?

Euro is the only thing close, but they have too many problems.  The EU only barely hangs together with duct tape.  Their inflation is worse than ours.  They are not energy independent.  They have little consistent monetary policy between members.  It is not going to be the Reserve.

Everyone else is significantly worse than that. 

So again, what country has that volume of currency in distribution to cover all trades and has less inflation than the US?

https://www.schwab.com/learn/story/will-us-dollar-lose-its-reserve-status

« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 02:57:07 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2023, 03:41:18 PM »
So what I am saying is the need for a reserve currency is not there if countries agree to use their own .. see Brazil and China since last week

Our military and weapons providers will attempt to hold it up as long as possible..I think that is happening as we speak

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2023, 05:17:55 PM »
So what I am saying is the need for a reserve currency is not there if countries agree to use their own .. see Brazil and China since last week

There is no rule saying countries can't do that at any time.  Countries don't for their own self interest.  Using USD reduces the carry risk for deals that might take months or years to complete.  You don't want to do it in a currency that might change wildly in value or be re-pegged the whim of an authoritarian government or vanish when when that country dissolves into a coup.  My guess is china sweetened to pot to get Brazil to take Yuan.  If you discount enough, you could get someone to take crypto.  Someone just has to do the risk analysis and decide how much above market they have to get paid to account for the increased risk.  China is probably willing to pay that for to spit at the US. 

It's not a think you will see a lot of.  The USD is just more stable and less risk and everybody takes it. 

It's like two fat chicks in high school sitting at a lunch table and forming their own fat girls club.  Everyone else just looks at them and shrugs.  Good luck with that.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2023, 07:34:19 PM »
What was Ghadafi trying to do before "the west" invaded.

Do your own research. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2023, 08:09:32 PM »
Tldnr...

Want there a very similar thread here about twenty years ago?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2023, 09:39:33 PM »

Wars are always endless.

It's the natural state of mankind.  More human than having opposable thumbs.

Always has been; always will be.  (With small breaks occasionally to rearm and replenish the population.)

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2023, 02:51:17 AM »
What was Ghadafi trying to do before "the west" invaded.

Yep, gold dinar. That's true mistake what west did. Gaddafi kept North Africa in law and order. Iron fist in silk glove. Never visited the country, but those been there been telling it was welfare country with law and order.

Wars are always endless.

Always has been; always will be.  (With small breaks occasionally to rearm and replenish the population.)

Unfortunately it seems to be like that. We need some kind of intelligent life form into this planet to fix that. When do we ever learn?
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2023, 07:52:06 AM »
As long as wars make those that instigate them and do not have to participate in them very very very rich and powerful...they will always be around

Just a matter of spinning up the correct patriotic motivation to originally sell it to the masses...since once  they start them they are hard to stop especially when they are started without an exit plan

Eagler

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2023, 12:32:28 PM »
As long as wars make those that instigate them and do not have to participate in them very very very rich and powerful...they will always be around

Just a matter of spinning up the correct patriotic motivation to originally sell it to the masses...since once  they start them they are hard to stop especially when they are started without an exit plan

Eagler

Pretty much like that. Give lemmings a reason to run down cliff and they do it without questions.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2023, 11:49:02 PM »
Wars are always endless.

Is it the natural state of mankind? Or is it behavior caused by overpopulation? Take chimpanzees and bonobos for example. Chimps live in an area where they are forced to complete for resources. Perhaps as a result they exist in a constant state of war. On the other side of the Congo river lives the dwarf chimpanzee aka bonobo. These apes live in a world of plenty with an excess of resources Bonobos don’t kill each other, they don’t fight over territory they’re super chill compared to the chimps across the river. All they do is play eat and have lots and lots of sex. As far as I can tell human migrations, famine and war have been a thing since the beginning of recorded history. All three of those things are usually symptoms of overpopulation in animal species. As far as we can tell, humans already inhabited every significant piece of land across the globe before writing was invented. It’s possible humans have existed in a state of overpopulation and competition since before Stonehenge and the pyramids.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2023, 01:01:35 AM »
I remember the first gulf War, first time I held a rifle in anger,  jk. I want angry.

since then it's been endless wars and we supposed to believe it's something new. tell that to my son, I miss him.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2023, 04:40:25 AM »
Is it the natural state of mankind? Or is it behavior caused by overpopulation? Take chimpanzees and bonobos for example. Chimps live in an area where they are forced to complete for resources. Perhaps as a result they exist in a constant state of war. On the other side of the Congo river lives the dwarf chimpanzee aka bonobo. These apes live in a world of plenty with an excess of resources Bonobos don’t kill each other, they don’t fight over territory they’re super chill compared to the chimps across the river. All they do is play eat and have lots and lots of sex. As far as I can tell human migrations, famine and war have been a thing since the beginning of recorded history. All three of those things are usually symptoms of overpopulation in animal species. As far as we can tell, humans already inhabited every significant piece of land across the globe before writing was invented. It’s possible humans have existed in a state of overpopulation and competition since before Stonehenge and the pyramids.

What you describe is the proverbial rats in a cage experiments where if you put one rat in a cage and randomly shock him he will have anxiety towards the expected shocks but if you add a second rat the two rats will fight each other after being shocked.  Each rat essentially takes out that anxiety on the other as they then have an avenue to focus their discontent.

I don't think you can level the blame for that "shock" in human society as overpopulation as most counties have leveled off and many are actually losing population as we have moved from an agrarian society to an industrial one.  The global population growth is centered in 3rd world areas and even there population growth is subsiding.  Essentially population growth has adjusted to changes in how the world lives.

Much more so, you can fairly associate those "shocks" to political activism and social mechanism like social media like we have been seeing in the US especially over the last 10 years.  Look at how well divisiveness sells and how these "issues" keep coming up in coordinated ways.  What's the divisive hot button talking point this week?  Last week?  They all blend together over time and if you look into the messaging it's hard to think that different groups of people are not being manipulated against other groups of people to keep them busy and disorganized against those who drive the dischord.