Author Topic: Bye bye dollar hello endless wars  (Read 5890 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Bye bye dollar hello endless wars
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2023, 01:03:02 PM »
If I recall, the west stole Crimea from Russia for THEIR benefit, and when the US elected a weak fraud, they took it back, just like what you are seeing now. See what happens when you allow weakness to prevail due to spite?

I don't pretend anything.  My position is that russia cannot be allowed to absorb other countries in Europe by wars of aggression. Period.  Ukraine won't be the last, jsut as Georgia wasn't, just as Crimea wasn't.

Crimea was acknowledged as Ukrainian territory by the 1997 Russian–Ukrainian Friendship Treaty.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian%E2%80%93Ukrainian_Friendship_Treaty  That russia signed and guaranteed Ukraine's territorial sovereignty. 

Russia broke that treaty in 2014 with it's illegal invasion of Crimea.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 01:07:17 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2023, 01:08:27 PM »
I don't pretend anything.  My position is that russia cannot be allowed to absorb other countries in Europe by wars of aggression. Period.  Ukraine won't be the last, jsut as Georgia wasn't, just as Crimea wasn't.

Crimea was acknowledged as Ukrainian territory by the 1997 Russian–Ukrainian Friendship Treaty.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian%E2%80%93Ukrainian_Friendship_Treaty  That russia signed and guaranteed Ukraine's territorial sovereignty. 

Russia broke that treaty in 2014 with it's illegal invasion.

Oh gee what else happened in 2014 in Ukraine?

Oh but the west can? Do you support western subversion and quite tactics to force countries hands into their UN agenda 30? Leaders who have randomly died for not going along. Russia was all good on invasions I believe until the UN refused to acknowledge their issues on their border, and then the # one guy involved in that corruption became president of the US which really scared them and forced them to take action as they had no choice, but I digress.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 01:11:03 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2023, 01:10:12 PM »
Oh gee what else happened in 2014 in Ukraine?

Absolutely nothing that justifies an aggressive war of territorial conquest.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2023, 01:11:46 PM »
Absolutely nothing that justifies an aggressive war of territorial conquest.

Yup, it seems you refuse to acknowledge the actual truth of the situation.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2023, 01:16:55 PM »
Yup, it seems you refuse to acknowledge the actual truth of the situation.

The actual truth is that putin intends to conquer and absorb as many countries as necessary to retake the old Soviet Union's geographic choke points.

Are you saying that not liking a neighbors internal politics is sufficient reason in and of itself to invade and absorb their territory?

Did Ukrainian tanks roll into russia in 2014?  Did Ukraine launch ballistic missiles into russian cities in 2014?  Did I miss that?

Do you not claim there is corruption in the US?  Are you claiming that it would be justifiable for the US to be invaded?  I literally question which side you would take.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 01:24:09 PM by CptTrips »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2023, 01:25:45 PM »
The actual truth is that putin intends to conquer and absorb as many countries as necessary to retake the old Soviet Union's geographic choke points.

Are you saying that not like a neighbors internal politics is sufficient reason in and of itself to invade and absorb their territory?

Did Ukrainian tanks roll into russia in 2014?  Did Ukraine launch ballistic missiles into russian cities in 2014?  Did I miss that?

Do you not claim there is corruption in the US?  Are you claiming that it would be justifiable for the US to be invaded?  I literally question which side you would take.

So you are saying a coup has no impact on relations? Because if you had an agreement with a country, but then a coup happened and that agreement was thus not being honored to the terms it was initially granted on, and could thus be used against your interest, wouldn't you try to take back that area so it couldn't be used against your interest after the agreement was mishandled during a fraudulent change of power in that country?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2023, 01:30:45 PM »
So you are saying a coup has no impact on relations? Because if you had an agreement with a country, but then a coup happened and that agreement was thus not being honored to the terms it was initially granted on, and could thus be used against your interest, wouldn't you try to take back that area so it couldn't be used against your interest after the agreement was mishandled during a fraudulent change of power in a country?

If they have concerns they can bring the issue up for debate in the United Nations.  They can have a vote in the SC.  If they lose, then they lose. 
They can break off diplomatic and trade relations with the new government if they want.  That's their choice.

What they are not entitled to do is invade a country to take it's territory.  They would have to right to respond if directly attacked with military force by Ukraine.  Which didn't happen.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2023, 02:00:10 PM »
If they have concerns they can bring the issue up for debate in the United Nations.  They can have a vote in the SC.  If they lose, then they lose. 
They can break off diplomatic and trade relations with the new government if they want.  That's their choice.

What they are not entitled to do is invade a country to take it's territory.  They would have to right to respond if directly attacked with military force by Ukraine.  Which didn't happen.

LOL, wait so the UN is going to do something now  :rofl
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2023, 02:02:00 PM »
LOL, wait so the UN is going to do something now  :rofl

Well, they're not going to rubber-stamp an illegal russian territorial land grab in Ukraine if that's what you are hoping.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 03:21:37 PM by CptTrips »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2023, 02:20:06 PM »
Well, they're not going to sanction an illegal russian territorial land grab in Ukraine if that's what you are hoping.

Yeah they are just going to allow a coup carry out in a so called democratic nation, they probably helped carryout it out too.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2023, 02:20:55 PM »
Yeah they are just going to allow a coup carry out in a so called democratic nation, they probably helped carryout it out too.

:rolleyes:

Even if that QAnon fever dream was true (which it's not), russia is still not entitled to invade and simply take Ukraine's sovereign territory.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 02:54:27 PM by CptTrips »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2023, 03:23:24 PM »
:rolleyes:

Even if that QAnon fever dream was true (which it's not), russia is still not entitled to invade and simply take Ukraine's sovereign territory.

But the west is?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2023, 03:47:54 PM »
But the west is?

Has the West invaded russia?   

I missed that on CNN.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2023, 04:43:54 PM »
Has the West invaded russia?   

I missed that on CNN.

Whats that about "muh weapons of mass destruction" again? Are you saying the countries I mentioned above don't count?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2023, 04:49:24 PM »
Whats that about "muh weapons of mass destruction" again? Are you saying the countries I mentioned above don't count?

I believe we had a UN authorization of force still in effect since GW1. 

And we weren't there to absorb their territory.

Sadaam wasn't abiding by the inspection regime he agreed to in the GW1 armistice, so we exercised our legal authorization.  The mistake wasn't that we didn't find WMD.  The mistake was we didn't invade 10 years earlier when he first started thwarting inspections.

GW2 was a weapons inspection in force.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 05:12:07 PM by CptTrips »