Author Topic: What keeps this game alive?  (Read 1628 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: What keeps this game alive?
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2023, 08:23:41 AM »
DCS World goes back to 2008 but Eagle Dynamics goes back to 1991. For the record. ;)

:aok

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2023, 08:28:22 AM »
I think the answer to the question of the OP is our love for the game and HT's devotion to keeping it going

At this point I don't think it is about financial gain

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2023, 09:56:17 AM »
I think the answer to the question of the OP is our love for the game and HT's devotion to keeping it going

At this point I don't think it is about financial gain

:cheers:

Eagler

I doubt HT would keep it running if it wasn't generating income for him.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2023, 10:01:14 AM »
Does anybody have an extra secret decoder ring from the cereal box? Seems I need one. I'm lost.

Hope this helps

100Coogn, another "lurker" for the ignore list. I don't recall him ever having a positive comment on the game. Not sure what Hitech may have done to make him so negative, or perhaps that is just the way he is. I feel sorry for him, sad really.  :(

I haven't followed how negative he is in general, but posting years of two other sims is not very negative, but rather informative. IMHO, but maybe I'm once again lost in translation.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2023, 10:04:26 AM »
I doubt HT would keep it running if it wasn't generating income for him.

I guess it's more a break even than a huge money maker like it might have been years ago

Do the math at $15 a pop minus expenses ..I don't believe it's a sole income source these days

I appreciate his patience keeping it up and running every evening when I can log in

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2023, 10:11:10 AM »
I guess it's more a break even than a huge money maker like it might have been years ago

Do the math at $15 a pop minus expenses ..I don't believe it's a sole income source these days

I appreciate his patience keeping it up and running every evening when I can log in

Eagler

My best guess from Lusches most recent stats are that AH generates somewhere between $120K - $150K gross revenue yearly. Basing it on the pilot numbers per tour of late times $14.99.

Just a guess.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!