Author Topic: So Much FUN  (Read 874 times)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
So Much FUN
« on: April 08, 2023, 07:30:02 AM »
Frame one of Ramrod to Emden was such a good time.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Re: So Much FUN
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 08:20:28 AM »
Frame two was even better than frame one. Need to work on my gunnery skills. You be the judge of the bomber coverage in the video clip below.

https://youtu.be/Oat2q4eMdf4

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 08:06:00 AM »
Frame three was just as awesome as the first two frames.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2023, 08:31:05 AM »
Must be a blast having a 30 man advantage. :rolleyes:

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2023, 12:49:49 PM »
Must be a blast having a 30 man advantage. :rolleyes:

I could see you replying that way if I had not flown Axis for 95% of the time my group has been back in FSO. We are always on the underdog side of things.

We will have FUN no matter what side we are on and no matter what the odds are stacked against us.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2023, 01:09:28 PM »
How often I play Axis is irrelevant.

The fact is that the Axis this month was severely undermanned by design, which provided such a gross advantage for the Allies for that it was not possible for the Axis to have an enjoyable time.

And if I was flying for a side that had such a ridiculous advantage, I would not come to the forum and gloat about how much fun I was having.

It's classless.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2023, 01:24:23 PM »

And if I was flying for a side that had such a ridiculous advantage, I would not come to the forum and gloat about how much fun I was having.

It's classless.

With the abilities of the Allies to cover bombers being almost obsolete there is no grounds for your crying.

It was soooo much fun.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2023, 07:46:55 PM »
With the abilities of the Allies to cover bombers being almost obsolete there is no grounds for your crying.
Can you elaborate?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2023, 04:15:07 AM »
Can you elaborate?

Really??

You have attacked Allied bombers in FSO twice as long as I have, and you ask me to elaborate??  Next!!

No matter if we are on the winning side or the losing side The Bad Guys have one hell of a time which was the whole point of this thread. We just happened to have way more fun this month. Hopefully next months FSO is just as fun.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2023, 08:06:17 AM »
This guy is insane  :rofl :rofl
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2023, 08:41:05 AM »
Some of the videos from the last frame will be epic.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2023, 04:11:15 PM »
I had a good time but it was mostly because I got to fly a Jug in its element which is pretty rare in FSO. There have been plenty of FSOs where I knew I was gonna get waxed and had a great time doing it.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2023, 04:33:27 PM »
There have been plenty of FSOs where I knew I was gonna get waxed and had a great time doing it.

Yeah, but I'm sure the vast majority of those occasions were related to either completing a task before getting killed or fighting a losing battle so that another squad could complete their task without getting killed.

Neither of those cases applied this month for the Axis. There were simply too many fighters, all of which were in their element, so that it was not possible to properly attack the bombers directly or engage fighters so that another group could attack the bombers.

I had a good time but it was mostly because I got to fly a Jug in its element which is pretty rare in FSO.

Glad you got to enjoy your Jug, though. Been a long time since we had an FSO doing the mid-late war bombing campaign stuff.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 04:37:18 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2023, 08:05:59 PM »
The write up said there was supposed a 55-45 split. Pretty standard when one side has to fly bombers and the other doesn’t. Usually gives the non-bomber side a pretty good numbers advantage in the fighter category. The disparity probably has a lot to do with turnout. When we had more numbers it averaged out a bit better. I can see that the Axis may have been discouraged because of the plane set. However, I also know that some creative planning and/or a little luck could’ve wiped out those bombers pretty handily. The one thing I would’ve done to (as a designer) is limit the air spawns for the Allies. We could spawn fighters pretty much in your back yard and that didn’t feel right. Maybe for hour two? But the first hour should have been limited and further back.

Sometimes you’re the windshield and sometimes your the bug.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2023, 05:20:02 PM »
the problems with stuff like this is balance. how do you balance it. well if EVERYONE does what they are supposed to and the numbers are there, its balance. knock either one of those out of whack and you lose balance.

the best monday night madness i ever had was when no one landed any kills. that meant it was BALANCED.

the hard part of the FSO is setting up a condition, then hoping all the squads show up with their allotted pilots, not over, not under and have a good plan. thats balance.

when its time for the actual night and a few squads are short, or a squad doesnt follow orders, well thats not balance and that fouls it up for everyone.

just my 2 cents.