Author Topic: Resolution Oculus Quest  (Read 375 times)

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
Resolution Oculus Quest
« on: April 14, 2023, 01:24:58 PM »
 I am the question King.

Sorry guys.

Right now my Oculus Quest is set at 72 Hz which is recommended by the default settings. My Render Resolution is set at 3936 x 1984.

Should you change the Hz to 80 90 or 120? Any benefit in picture quality? Also should you change resolution? If so what is the best resolution to run for picture quality on O/C? I’m running a 2080 ti or a 3070.

Any other graphic settings to mess with in O/C that make a difference that you have noticed? Game runs smooth but I have seen better quality on Youtube

Thanks in advance. Trying to get things dialed in

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Resolution Oculus Quest
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 04:40:00 AM »
Sorry to let ya down, but I dont know of anyway to adjust graphics settings with Quest,Rift1 or 2,HP,Pimax..ectect :bhead  FOV is fixed(AcesHigh=only sim that allows Hat Switch Views with VR), Gamma can't be adjusted...   You can tinker with IN-GAME Graphics Options, but most of those options only help to elevate FrameRate issues?    As per "I have seen better quality on youtube"..AH FILM playback, uses NON VR playback? Maybe 'Capture Cards' for editing/recording act the same way? NVIDIA Shadow Play use too.  Currently, Shadow Play doesnt work with AH, as "A full screen game is required to use this feature"   I have reflections,Shadows and a bunch of other things turned of or minimized, but they appear in "Film" with what I dont see in game play.  Thinking this is because 'DX' version/Non-VR settings are default in Film Viewer? :headscratch:   VoiceAttack, an aftermarket Voice activated , command executing program..."ONE"-changes salvo to one...""six"- salvo 6..."Level", "Speed", you see what i mean?  Like Clint Eastwood in Fire Fox :x  You will need to educate Windows Text To Speech though...easy- peesee. That program and AH Hat switch utilization..GAME CHANGING experience!  Question King..........Ask away Sir!  In Game..I am BW1stpar...see me on...and I will help all I can! :salute
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 04:48:24 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain