Author Topic: CTD when keying mic  (Read 365 times)

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
CTD when keying mic
« on: May 15, 2023, 10:39:36 AM »
When I key the mic (either range or tuned) my game immediately crashes.  Not sure what's going on. 

Any ideas?
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: CTD when keying mic
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 10:41:01 AM »
Conflict of audio drivers?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 11:42:57 AM »
Conflict of audio drivers?

Eagler
You mean the Nvidia audio vs Realtek vs potential USB headset or something similar, don't you?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2023, 01:17:27 PM »
Yes

I sometimes have trouble after an update but not with mic but sounds triggering crashes

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 07:12:32 PM »
Run a dxdiag and see how many audio devices you have. Sounds like a conflict to me too.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 01:35:42 AM »
As the problem occurs every time you key the mic, a much simpler explanation popped into my mind: Do you have another program running in the background using the same key? Discord, Steam, Teams, Logitech Webcam software, streaming or recording software... There's tons of apps that either are preinstalled, come through updates or come along with installing new hardware. Windows itself has hundreds of keyboard shortcuts but the single key ones are clearly marked. Those using typing keys require at least one assisting key like the Windows/Flag key, Alt, Ctrl or Shift unless you have enabled Sticky Keys under accessibility features.

Another possibility is that if you have several USB devices plugged in, one of them may act as a keyboard, sort of, and conflict with the actual keyboard. I'm talking about having other than flying gear plugged in. AH can see all of your gaming controllers and potentially have some functions assigned to them. I'm talking about pads, steering wheels etc. here. Only have the required USB devices plugged for any game.

Yet another potential culprit is remaining background processes from other games you've played before starting AH. I've been told about frame rate losses, sound issues and other anomalies from players who have been playing several games during one session without restarting their computers in between. A Restart or shutting down by pressing the Shift button while clicking Shutdown will take care of such. Even more so if you have unplugged/swapped USB controllers.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2023, 05:17:18 AM »
Ok, so I think I got it figured out.  I went in to windows and removed all my audio devices (had 3, headset, soundbar and for some reason a Dell monitor was showing up).  Narrowed it down to 2 devices now...headset and soundbar.  had a few trial runs with various boxes checked and unchecked in AH and windows settings.  Looks like it is working, for now.
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2023, 10:53:53 AM »
Glad you got it sorted.

The Dell monitor was showing up as the speakers for the HDMI sound from the video card.

Kotisivuni

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2023, 10:58:34 AM »
There ya go. For this reason for my nvidia card I use an app called nvcleanstall to update my drivers. That let's you choose what gets installed--and more importantly, what doesn't. I don't use any of the other nvidia bloatware and don't need the audio device it'll install so I only have it install the video drivers. Handy program.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group