Author Topic: stick settings  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: stick settings
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2023, 07:09:28 AM »
I found what I was looking for.  Just gotta highlight and map the buttons I want for flight and ACM.  I'll worry about bombers / jeeps / etc later :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2023, 08:31:05 AM »
I'm going to piggyback if you guys don't mind.  Been trying to get my setup right for a couple of weeks and it's just, not native, sooo... I screwed around and pasted files over and started getting the dreaded 'don't move so rapidly' message and figured that, with all my screwing around, I probably hosed a file.  At first people said it was probably a hardware fault but the stick, throttle, and pedals are all under a year old and barely used.  So I ripped AH off my machine and reinstalled and the message went bye bye.  Soo.. came up with a new game plan.  Get my stick settings right, play with it in 2D offline until things are relatively instinctual again.  THEN copy my VR files over and get used to my oculus (which VR IS the bomb by the way but you gotta crawl before you walk, and walk before you run, and all of that).  That said is there any place I can get a list of the commands I can map to a controller so I can make myself a schematic of stick, throttle, pedals?  I figure if I get all the commands down it's just a matter of time and application until things are instinctual again.

Thanks in advance

Dicho.

You can go to my "Aces Help Page". I have under the "flight" section the default lists of key commands, and dot commands. Also I drew up a number of stick layouts that you can print and write in the commands you mapped to the buttons . I know they helped me learn new layouts and new added on button maps. You change a map, print out a new page, easy peasy!

Also on that page is the link to "Voice Attack". I highly recommend this program even for 2d players. $10 gets you unlimited commands and the program is easy to program the commands and even easier to use. In one command I say "CALIBRATE" and the program hits the "U" key to start a calibration in my bomber, then it hits the "Y" key and holds it for 10 seconds, releases and then hits the "U" key again to get out of calibration mode. Bomb site calibrated in 11 seconds and I never touched the keyboard!

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 08:34:08 AM by The Fugitive »

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2023, 09:07:29 AM »
thanks Fugi... did just that and it was a big help. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute