Author Topic: Friday Night FSO's  (Read 503 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Friday Night FSO's
« on: May 20, 2023, 08:46:27 AM »
friday nights people look forward to FSO. they are all excited about getting orders and/or finding out what they are.
each squad has 4 people that get the orders or get the weekly objectives. i think we need to start letting people who have
never done orders to start doing them. some of us are very busy working countless hours and just dont have the bandwidth
to do orders too or to do a decent job on them.

for those i would suggest handing off those assignments to one of the 3 other people in the squad and let them try it.
this is NOT directed towards anyone in general but rather to all squads. with the dwindling numbers of players this will help
keep interest and help encourage players that never participated as much to get involved.

think about it.....

quote from my second grade teacher:
if a task is great or small,
do it right or not at all.

just suggesting we try to make things better for everyone. nothing more.
this is not directed at anyone.
if this bugs you and you jump on, its on you not me.

Gary Davis aka jaeger1

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Re: Friday Night FSO's
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2023, 05:34:27 PM »
your idea of how orders should be written and someone else's idea of how orders should be written are two different things.

The same as if one guys thinks a certain female is " HOT " and another guy thinks she's NOT

And if no one likes the way I do orders then DO NOT SELECT ME again in back-to-back months or any other time. You're going to get the same thing from me every time now that enough cries have been logged about it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 05:36:48 PM by RichardDarkwood »
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 07:08:28 PM »
at minimum it should have take off base and target and planes. im pretty liberal about the orders and i dont expect anyone to put in hours on end to set it up.

I do expect people that participate and write orders to take at least a little pride in what they do or hand it off to someone else that will.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2023, 07:12:29 PM »

I do expect people that participate and write orders to take at least a little pride in what they do or hand it off to someone else that will.

As I stated in the email: Don't ask me to do orders again.

Squad leaders knew the target and I gave them total freedom about how to get it done. I do that because just about everyone that plays this game is some sort of arm chair general that could have done it better, I just apply that to the orders writing.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2023, 07:17:19 PM »
i dont think i ever mentioned anyone in my first post. it was an in general post. i dont assign cic's. thats up to the fso team.

if you feel this is directed at you, thats up to you.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2023, 09:46:53 PM »
i dont think i ever mentioned anyone in my first post. it was an in general post. i dont assign cic's. thats up to the fso team.

if you feel this is directed at you, thats up to you.

you say something like this EVERY TIME i write the orders and your on the same side as me.

I don't care if Jesus himself assigns those CiC's. The next time my group is assigned CiC duty it isn't getting done. Tired of the crying.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2023, 10:48:30 PM »
I don't care if Jesus himself assigns those CiC's. The next time my group is assigned CiC duty it isn't getting done. Tired of the crying.

You know, you could have just simply stated that your orders filled the minimum requirements and been done with it.

Instead you choose to sour the goodwill you had with anyone who would have taken your side by threatening to violate the rules.

Not a great plan.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 04:54:31 PM »

Instead you choose to sour the goodwill you had with anyone who would have taken your side by threatening to violate the rules.

I don't need any of you to have my back on anything Devil5O5

I wrote what needed to be written.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2023, 05:20:16 PM »
so why not let someone else give orders a try? you should have 3 other guys that can do it. give them a shot as i suggested. i think we need more involvement with the FSO anyway. this way it isnt the same guy each and every time writing orders. you work alot. no one is taking that away from you.

As I stated in the email: Don't ask me to do orders again.

so hand it off to DLO52 or one of the other guys? im sure they can do the job too.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 05:26:03 PM by captain1ma »