Author Topic: Why No Inactivity Timeout  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: Why No Inactivity Timeout
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2023, 04:24:31 PM »
I cant prove it, but I dont think there is as much "spying" going on that people think there is. With the dar bar, dot dar in a radar zone or proximity dot dar and just plain old word of mouth it is very easy to follow the play of the game. Some players make it an art to do it. Lusche was a master at it when he played. For the most part you just have to pay attention.

Now with the auto side switch the opportunity is there even more, but again Id say most dont use that info to their advantage. They just want action, who is doing what isnt important.

You’re right about most I assume. Some people not so much lol. Auto switchers should not have cv control at least.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2023, 05:17:51 PM »
He has at least three I’ve counted.

I remember way back in the day there being an issue with spies albeit that was before the auto switching.

Only 2 accounts used on the same side I am playing on. Shade cheating is still active today amongst a few players I won't name. All for the sake of base defense. I used to absolutely hate the act but have come to embrace it as an element to the game that I have to overcome. Experienced it just 2 days ago. Is what it is.

I enjoy having to adjust my strategy to shade cheating. Makes it extremely rewarding when it happens and the objective is still achieved. It's like rock, paper, scissors to me.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 05:25:55 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2023, 11:01:24 PM »
That was 8 years ago, maybe things change.

diddly I blinked and it's already 8 years... diddly me
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2023, 05:41:58 AM »
Only 2 accounts used on the same side I am playing on. Shade cheating is still active today amongst a few players I won't name. All for the sake of base defense. I used to absolutely hate the act but have come to embrace it as an element to the game that I have to overcome. Experienced it just 2 days ago. Is what it is.

I enjoy having to adjust my strategy to shade cheating. Makes it extremely rewarding when it happens and the objective is still achieved. It's like rock, paper, scissors to me.

Sorry 'bout the stupid question but what is this shade cheat?

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2023, 11:05:42 AM »
Sorry 'bout the stupid question but what is this shade cheat?

Shade cheating is done by using 2 accounts on separate countries to gather Intel via the map. For example, if a country is trying to take a base without a gv spawn it must be done via goon. In order to track the goon, players will use their second account to "spy" out the goon. Still goes on today witnessed this last week. It's not as rampant as in times past but it still exists.
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2023, 11:51:44 AM »
Shade cheating is done by using 2 accounts on separate countries to gather Intel via the map. For example, if a country is trying to take a base without a gv spawn it must be done via goon. In order to track the goon, players will use their second account to "spy" out the goon. Still goes on today witnessed this last week. It's not as rampant as in times past but it still exists.

or you can just pay attention to most likely path.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2023, 12:18:18 PM »

semp

Absolutely, goon pilots fool themselves in thinking; "if I go the shortest and most direct path on the deck no one will find me".. :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2023, 12:23:53 PM »

semp
and see that' is the honorable thing to do right?

In the case a few days ago, the base that the goon lifted from was almost 2 sectors away from the capture base. The enemy plane came from another base and met the goon at the half way point by flying directly to the goon. No CV was in the area. Goon flying W nme plane was flying south and the timing of the interception was perfect. There was an entire sector search for the goon.... sometimes it isn't luck, it's knowledge.

The two alleged players are notorious for this kind of play. I stopped getting upset about this. It's just an element of the game that has to be overcome. I am not wasting my time to police this game I just laugh and move on.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 12:25:56 PM by mERv »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2023, 12:40:06 PM »
and see that' is the honorable thing to do right?

In the case a few days ago, the base that the goon lifted from was almost 2 sectors away from the capture base. The enemy plane came from another base and met the goon at the half way point by flying directly to the goon. No CV was in the area. Goon flying W nme plane was flying south and the timing of the interception was perfect. There was an entire sector search for the goon.... sometimes it isn't luck, it's knowledge.

The two alleged players are notorious for this kind of play. I stopped getting upset about this. It's just an element of the game that has to be overcome. I am not wasting my time to police this game I just laugh and move on.

a goon can be seen from 6k away along with a sector counter is not that difficult. specially if the fight is on another direction from the base.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2023, 12:52:20 PM »
I was referring to those who give away intel like boat positions or country chatter.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2023, 05:01:15 PM »
How about make eny more fluid?  Anyone in the tower or in the air without game input for 10 minutes doesn't factor into the formula.  Just spitballing here.  I don't even log in anymore so I'm not sure how bad it is.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2023, 05:14:07 PM »
How about make eny more fluid?  Anyone in the tower or in the air without game input for 10 minutes doesn't factor into the formula.  Just spitballing here.  I don't even log in anymore so I'm not sure how bad it is.

That's a good solution, IMHO. 

It prevents ENY being distorted, but doesn't penalize the player and so the player would not be motivated to try and circumvent.

Players can know that going AFK in the tower is fine and doesn't hurt their team.  AFK Safe-Space.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2023, 05:19:12 PM »
maybe they should make it to where you can be killed in the tower.. LOL.. I can hear the whining already
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2023, 05:49:14 PM »
maybe they should make it to where you can be killed in the tower.. LOL.. I can hear the whining already

I can get behind this!

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2023, 07:25:06 PM »
Shades to spy has gone on since early AW days (which started in 87, Yes, despite the 10-14 yr lapse, I've been playing a very long time). It's nothing new. This obviously went on in real wars too.

I'll sit in the tower and figure out where a decent fight is worth flying to, or if I'll log off, or just grabbing a cam position for Fixed mode for a period of time. I've also gone AFK and forgot I was even still logged on.

I've been kiiled in the tower 3 times since I've been back.

On the biz side of things, in shade accounts, I recklessly assume they are also paying for 2 accounts. It's not a well thought out tactic.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 07:26:42 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP