Author Topic: SISU, fun movie with Nazi bad guys  (Read 317 times)

Online nopoop

• Gold Member
SISU, fun movie with Nazi bad guys
« on: May 30, 2023, 12:57:38 AM »
Just a lot of fun. Quinton Tarantino meets John Wick. Its a hoot.

Trailer

https://youtu.be/LvdETNwO4aE
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: SISU, fun movie with Nazi bad guys
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 01:15:51 AM »
looks like fun for sure
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 05:36:16 AM »
As native Finn, I'd say it looks like realistic documentary about our time in WW2...  Russians just seem to wear Wehrmacht uniforms...   :huh
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 09:00:44 AM »
The trailer caught my interest too.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2023, 09:16:27 AM »
As native Finn, I'd say it looks like realistic documentary about our time in WW2...  Russians just seem to wear Wehrmacht uniforms...   :huh

I had similar questions when I saw the bit in Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Must be set during the Lapland War.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 04:07:54 PM »
I had similar questions when I saw the bit in Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Must be set during the Lapland War.

Yes, there was Lapland war 1944-45, as after armistice Russians deliberately demamnded Germans out in 2 weeks, which was impossible task and then Allied control comission forced Finns to start war against peacefully withdrawing Germans. In the beginning it was "gentelemens war", where shootings and targets were mutually agreed upon, but some whistleblower commie was betraying it to Russians, who then forced Finns to start real war by threats of occupation.

Anyway, nothing like that in the trailer happened. Germans were using burned land tactics, but helped to evacuate civilians and gave them supplies, behaving in almost everywhere correctly towards population. Most of them were smart enough to understand the situation and many had good friends among Finns.
The Mad   CatMan!