Author Topic: Accusations Overload  (Read 2898 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Re: Accusations Overload
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2023, 10:34:18 AM »
I imagine the average age in this game is around fifty. With that said it is amazing how many twelve year olds there are on 200.

What they don't realize is what us adults think of them. If they did, there wouldn't be a problem. But if they havent learned by the time they are a grey beard, they never will.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2023, 10:53:59 AM »
I imagine the average age in this game is around fifty. With that said it is amazing how many twelve year olds there are on 200.

What they don't realize is what us adults think of them. If they did, there wouldn't be a problem. But if they havent learned by the time they are a grey beard, they never will.

True enough, if the power of suggestion doesn't work, nothing will. Stop suggesting.
That said, I think we should stop giving them a platform by continuing the convo on 200 (or hear). If ignoring people on the boards with negative agenda lets them fade away, it will work in 200 too. People trolling the cheat thing and politics is toxic, both rarely contain facts, both are immersion killers.

I also understand with the common age some are playing pretty lit. Talking them from jumping off the roof is exhausting. Some times we have to take their car keys until they sober up.

I don't know if there is a single blanket answer, I just see that elongating it with a defense on 200 or the boards is not helping. Tell them to send HT the evidence and then squelch if they continue.

I also know that this very post is because we're all just sick of the baseless conspiracy theories that harm the game. It's posted with good intent, but it's being spoken of, and sometimes it gives others ideas, most of which do not exist.

<shrug>
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2023, 04:55:33 PM »
Really getting tired of all the "cheat" accusations in the MA. To many immediately use that accusation anytime they get shot down or killed, just because they are too ignorant or egotistical to understand why. Any given engagement will have thousands of different plausible explanations for the outcome, besides "cheating".

If you suspect someone is in fact cheating, film it, send it to Hitech. Otherwise SHUT UP. We are running new players off with this childish behavior. I think Hitech and the Mods need to start muting/squelching on the term.  :mad:
Agreed.  Time for the mods to step in.
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2023, 06:51:22 AM »
Yup, the Mods used to jump on cheating and politics right off the bat.
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2023, 07:38:27 AM »
Its always the same people starting the politics up. Just mute them.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2023, 08:31:22 AM »
Its always the same people starting the politics up. Just mute them.

Its def a small repeat crowd. Cheating, Sex, Politics, same people. Moderation is needed.

The majority of the masses are good well mannered and welcoming  ppl. Its a small group that has normalized the most harm. The floor needs to be mopped,…IMO.

Updates and 200 is what I’ve read from former players on other boards, but always followed by the “funnest game” and “I miss that game”, Its a distinct pattern. Also means its worth fixing.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2023, 03:06:44 PM »
Yeah.... well sex.... oh ok no sex either.    :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2023, 05:01:36 AM »

That's why I do not use 200. Too many crybabies.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2023, 05:15:53 AM »
Maybe time for hitech to code in the anti-cheat program that other games I play use. It will settle all of the issues of your a hacker or you cheat

Just my 2 cents

101% agreed. On the other hand, every code written by a human being can be broken by another one.

Let me tell a true story how a good attempt may backfire: There was a combat sim infested with all kind of cheats and hacks together with lots of verbal abuse. I had long email conversations with the owner and he asked my help to clean the sim. Just to make screenshots and videos and send them to him was his request.

I did what was asked, sent him lots of videos made with sims own recording system and also Xbox ones, together with screenshots. After a while, numerous immortal and invinsible super pilots vanished and few remaining ones became just normal mortals. And I became the most hated person among those flying on the other side. Nowadays, when I up a fighter in there, most of them either ditch or pull the plug, some spit out an insult and log.

Reason for edit: msspllled wrods
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 05:50:38 AM by GasTeddy »
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2023, 09:17:33 AM »
101% agreed. On the other hand, every code written by a human being can be broken by another one.

Let me tell a true story how a good attempt may backfire: There was a combat sim infested with all kind of cheats and hacks together with lots of verbal abuse. I had long email conversations with the owner and he asked my help to clean the sim. Just to make screenshots and videos and send them to him was his request.

I did what was asked, sent him lots of videos made with sims own recording system and also Xbox ones, together with screenshots. After a while, numerous immortal and invinsible super pilots vanished and few remaining ones became just normal mortals. And I became the most hated person among those flying on the other side. Nowadays, when I up a fighter in there, most of them either ditch or pull the plug, some spit out an insult and log.

The hero the entire gaming industry needs
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2023, 11:13:37 AM »

The game?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2023, 11:23:50 AM »
Pretty sure HT has a grip on how to not stop it. It takes one to know how to stop one. Everything else is imagination and reckless assumptions.

"Enter HT and Pyro, a couple of very popular AW aces who also had some programming and art skills.

HiTech was a hacker-type, who made a gun camera for AW and a few other utilities. Eventually he, along with Killer, Gunjam and a few others decided to make their own sim. Thus began ICI and Warbirds. This was like 1995-1998. "

http://www.virtualpilots.fi/feature/articles/simhistory/#scenarios
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2023, 11:29:16 AM »
Pretty sure HT has a grip on how to not stop it. It takes one to know how to stop one. Everything else is imagination and reckless assumptions.

"Enter HT and Pyro, a couple of very popular AW aces who also had some programming and art skills.

HiTech was a hacker-type, who made a gun camera for AW and a few other utilities. Eventually he, along with Killer, Gunjam and a few others decided to make their own sim. Thus began ICI and Warbirds. This was like 1995-1998. "

Hitech posted here

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,288301.msg3661143.html#msg3661143

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2023, 12:41:02 PM »

Warbirds and Air Warrior are both on myabandonware.com. I think I played warbirds for a bit but not AW.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2023, 04:09:22 PM »
Warbirds and Air Warrior are both on myabandonware.com. I think I played warbirds for a bit but not AW.

That's pretty cool. Lot of old games there I remember. And they complain about these graphics. HA! :)
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks