Author Topic: Potential Returning Player  (Read 935 times)

Offline Messerschmidt

• Zinc Member
Potential Returning Player
« on: June 18, 2023, 12:14:51 AM »
Hey guys! Used to live on this game back around 2012 (I think…) with the handle “Warhawk” and was thinking about getting back into it. Would have to get a joystick again and wondering if there’s a strong enough player base to be worth it. What’s the player count looking like these days??

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Potential Returning Player
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2023, 03:56:16 AM »
Depends on your timezone.. Euro times is 10-40, maybe 50 if you are really lucky and stay up late at weekends. US prime is apparently hovering between 100-130, 140 peak would be a very good one.

Right now it's 16 players logged in, but most probably not all of them are active.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 03:58:29 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2023, 04:39:34 AM »
I recognise the name Warhawk.

Just get in and fly. Player numbers breed player numbers
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2023, 09:05:27 AM »
Consider learning the logistical aspects of the game if you play during lower number hours. Master bombers my friend. That way if you do have problems finding the fight you can create one :cheers: It always easier to draw players in than to search them out.
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2023, 09:40:03 AM »
Right now it's 16 players logged in, but most probably not all of them are active.

LoL.  I wonder just how much AH is used as a $15/month chat room. 

Maybe the roster should add a column for player "Activity" and "TIA" (e.g. Time in Activity).  Nothing that would give tactical information. Just like "In Fighter", "In Bomber", "In Ground Vehicle" , "In Field Gun", "In Tower".

Maybe let social dynamics handle the whole tower sitter ENY drag situation.  Rather than code a rule, let visibility and social pressure work.  Maybe a team mate asks why someone has been sitting "In Tower" for 6 hours.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 09:57:43 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2023, 11:04:28 AM »
LoL.  I wonder just how much AH is used as a $15/month chat room. 

Maybe the roster should add a column for player "Activity" and "TIA" (e.g. Time in Activity).  Nothing that would give tactical information. Just like "In Fighter", "In Bomber", "In Ground Vehicle" , "In Field Gun", "In Tower".

Maybe let social dynamics handle the whole tower sitter ENY drag situation.  Rather than code a rule, let visibility and social pressure work.  Maybe a team mate asks why someone has been sitting "In Tower" for 6 hours.

No offense but to hope for anything addressing that issue is folly. Just enjoy the game for what it is. A lot can be changed to make the game "better". It's never gonna happen.  :cheers:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2023, 11:33:52 AM »
It's definitely worth $15 a month entertainment wise if you enjoy ww2 air combat at all..

Go VR if you can as AH has implemented very well and It's an experience you don't want to miss

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2023, 12:20:04 PM »
Ignore the hijack trolls.

Saddle up. Its still as fun as its always been. I’m back after about 14 yrs. I hear a lot about VR being amazing.

Even if no updates are on the calendar the game is very stable.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2023, 12:37:39 PM »
Came back from 2010 three months ago and added VR and pedals. Worth it. Find a few guys you enjoy flying with during the times you’re available to play. Got 2 used VR Oculus Quests on E-bay that looked basically brand new and came with a head strap and carry case for 200 each. Gives you a 3d depth perception that makes it feel like a new experience. Definitely worth trying if you enjoyed the game. Still good fights to be had

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2023, 12:49:56 PM »
Ignore the hijack trolls.

Saddle up. Its still as fun as its always been. I’m back after about 14 yrs. I hear a lot about VR being amazing.

Even if no updates are on the calendar the game is very stable.
stable, playable, and the potential when numbers are low can be endless in the right hands. When the numbers are up it is awesome

Offline Messerschmidt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2023, 01:18:02 PM »
Any recommendations for a good joystick? I was looking at VKB joy stick, seems reasonably priced with good features, last time I was on here I used a crummy logitech and while it was absolutely manageable it left a bit to be desired. I probably won’t hop on until I find a suitable controller

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2023, 01:37:36 PM »
Any recommendations for a good joystick? I was looking at VKB joy stick, seems reasonably priced with good features, last time I was on here I used a crummy logitech and while it was absolutely manageable it left a bit to be desired. I probably won’t hop on until I find a suitable controller

I have the lefty Gladiator.  Excellent stick for the price.  I was very impressed.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2023, 02:36:56 PM »
X52 pro here

Offline Messerschmidt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2023, 03:18:45 PM »

I have the lefty Gladiator.  Excellent stick for the price.  I was very impressed.

Which model gladiator you have? Space, KG12, or F-14??

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2023, 03:53:33 PM »
Which model gladiator you have? Space, KG12, or F-14??

Gladiator NXT 'Space Combat Edition' - SCG Standard Left

Also got the t-rudders which are of similar excellent quality.

IMHO.  $0.02.