Author Topic: Video Idea - MA  (Read 407 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
Video Idea - MA
« on: September 19, 2023, 07:24:01 PM »
I apologize if it's already been done.
Time-lapse video of the MA arena on the clipboard, showing how the arena game play really flows in a 12-24 hr period.
never tried it myself

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Video Idea - MA
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 10:39:01 AM »
I've already covered how the typical day plays out - several times.  Getting data on when the numbers and gameplay shifts can be done, but once again I've been playing all times of the day and have seen the same pattern emerging, with the most noticeable difference being in whether the knits and rooks go at each other all-in, ignoring bish, or stay on bish for the evening and still have action between themselves.

The only time bish are really in the bucket are early afternoons when more knit/rook log on and start re-taking the bases that bish locust'd in the morning.  By early evening, numbers are more balanced between all 3 which brings us back to how knits/rooks proceed during evening.  Also in early evening, there's a brief period when rooks have the numbers, which later shifts to knits in late evening.

In the wee hours, knits may have numbers and reset maps, but nothing comparable to morning bish.

Morning play sets the tone for the day. There's a thread devoted to the topic:  https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,407605.msg5397374.html#msg5397374

Here's a screenshot (3pm cst 9/19/23) that shows the early afternoon "double teaming" on bish.   Look at the base counts and you'll see what I've been saying as to why this is happening.

I apologize if it's already been done.
Time-lapse video of the MA arena on the clipboard, showing how the arena game play really flows in a 12-24 hr period.
never tried it myself
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 10:46:38 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 11:08:57 AM »
In that picture there is a group of us taking rook bases.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 12:25:42 PM »
Yep, there's the occasional knit/rook fighting in morning/early afternoon because it's more fun than going up against the swarm. This is the remnant of when knits had been hitting rooks while rooks were probably defending vs the bish locusts- knits took advantage of the lack of rook defenses (rooks do the same to knits sometimes.)  As the evening progressed, knits went for bish and I believe the map was reset overknight. <-- see what I did there?

There is usually some knit/rook fighting - just sometimes with larger numbers than other times.

Towards afternoon and evenings, once knit/rook have taken back their primary bases, they often just keep going since, hey you need 20% of bish bases, so we may as well keep going and deal with the other side (knit/rook) later after we get a margin of comfort.  It's this time when you'll see heavier knit/rook action while bish are left in recovery mode (with fewer players.)

This often sets up a map reset by the wee hours overknight (heh) players. (You should see capera's rants on the subject in those wee hrs.)

Reset or not, once the morning locusts log in, they set the tone for the rest of the day.

A side observation: it's not too often at any time of the day where you see action being spread out equally on all three fronts. It's usually two sides heavy on one with some minor, or zero, action between them.  I think this is more reflective of lower overall numbers and human behavior than a deliberate choice - people like flying around other people.  But sometimes you have to take a step back to see the bigger picture.

Personally, I typically avoid flying either with or against a large group when there's minimal response. 

Here's a screenie at 12:20pm cst showing the dropoff in locusts and a relatively quiet time until around 3pm cst when more start logging on.  The action is relatively spread between the three fronts, but it's mostly singles doing strat runs or pestering some town/base - nothing coordinated and nothing that will indicate a fun fight can be found in this whack-a-mole deadzone.

In that picture there is a group of us taking rook bases.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 01:01:29 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2023, 03:46:33 PM »
Ya, I get it. Its easier to watch in a 2 minute time-lapse. But will do no good.

I’m thinking the game isn’t as depressing as the bbs. I can’t think of s better way to talk people out of playing it.

Its just non-stop. Never anything happy or positive. If its not depressing its someone kicking over trash cans. The mouths of scavengers water. Many post are the worst advertisements and down right deterrents. Some players eat their own shoes, then cry their feet are cold.. <shrug>

I think I’ll have more fun not reading the boards.
I feel more positive just playing. Its not that bad.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 04:50:20 PM »
I think it was Reese Witherspoon’s grandma who said, “Some people are radiators, some are drains.   Stay close to the radiators and avoid the drains.”

There are still valuable posts on the BB, just takes discipline to stop checking on a thread that’s gone bad.  I rarely tune 200 in game, for much the same reason. 

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 07:12:32 PM »
I think it was Reese Witherspoon’s grandma who said, “Some people are radiators, some are drains.   Stay close to the radiators and avoid the drains.”

There are still valuable posts on the BB, just takes discipline to stop checking on a thread that’s gone bad.  I rarely tune 200 in game, for much the same reason.

Agreed.

You and HT gave me good advice, I need to start following it. Thanks Oboe
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 08:02:10 PM by Animl-AW »