Author Topic: P-40 down Tuesday morning  (Read 277 times)

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
P-40 down Tuesday morning
« on: June 28, 2023, 11:51:19 AM »

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: P-40 down Tuesday morning
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 09:39:26 AM »
The news report mentions he just got hit with a $497 MILLION fine. Given that little nugget, you have to wonder if he decided to provide life insurance payout to his family. Not saying it's true but you have to consider it.

I sincerely hope it wasn't the case. Hate to think he leaves his family alone and destroyed a nice P40.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2023, 10:40:03 AM »
The news report mentions he just got hit with a $497 MILLION fine. Given that little nugget, you have to wonder if he decided to provide life insurance payout to his family. Not saying it's true but you have to consider it.

I sincerely hope it wasn't the case. Hate to think he leaves his family alone and destroyed a nice P40.

Always a consideration but I suspect the airplane's wreckage would have been more vertical if that were the case.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2023, 10:51:42 AM »
Looking at where he took off and the area where he crashed, it looked like it would be survivable.  He must have held it and it dropped flat.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2023, 10:18:34 AM »
Sad.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe