Author Topic: Southern California - illegal fireworks  (Read 2875 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Re: Southern California - illegal fireworks
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2023, 07:14:42 PM »

when I was a kid houses burned just as easy with the same fireworks.

and since when is not lighting fireworks an infringment upon liberty.  tell me when Jefferson said that.

perhaps paul revere and amigos should have light up some fireworks to warn the regulars were coming.

semp

Pretty sure clowns can destroy stuff without fireworks.

I doubt Jefferson ever felt the need to say that. He'd certainly not recognize, nor be pleased with, where the Republic has gone.

And there is no greater nor more limitless tyranny than that which uses the excuse of being "for your own good".
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2023, 09:32:38 PM »
Pretty sure clowns can destroy stuff without fireworks.

I doubt Jefferson ever felt the need to say that. He'd certainly not recognize, nor be pleased with, where the Republic has gone.

And there is no greater nor more limitless tyranny than that which uses the excuse of being "for your own good".

who said give me fireworks or give me death.

just because you add a quote or two from founding fathers does not mean your point is valid.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2023, 10:44:18 PM »
who said give me fireworks or give me death.

just because you add a quote or two from founding fathers does not mean your point is valid.

semp

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Only one was from a Founding Father.

And you've provided zero evidence my point is not valid.

Thanks for playing. You may go now.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2023, 11:05:43 PM »

same as the cities around here. they go after those that sell them illegally but for rest of us unless there's a complain nothing.

semp

lol. not. Not in Southern California at least.

You can't legally buy anything that flies, explodes,

Cannot explode or fly into the air
Cannot contain arsenic sulfide, chlorates, magnesium, and many other chemicals.
Cannot be larger than 10 inches in length or a quarter-inch in diameter.
Illegal fireworks include skyrockets, bottle rockets, aerial missiles and spinners, Roman candles, aerial shells, firecrackers and more.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2023, 11:39:13 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Only one was from a Founding Father.

And you've provided zero evidence my point is not valid.

Thanks for playing. You may go now.

you have zero evidence your point is valid.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2023, 11:40:49 PM »
lol. not. Not in Southern California at least.

You can't legally buy anything that flies, explodes,

Cannot explode or fly into the air
Cannot contain arsenic sulfide, chlorates, magnesium, and many other chemicals.
Cannot be larger than 10 inches in length or a quarter-inch in diameter.
Illegal fireworks include skyrockets, bottle rockets, aerial missiles and spinners, Roman candles, aerial shells, firecrackers and more.

read what I was replying to. totally agree with your point.

semp

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2023, 12:03:55 AM »
Some people just can't see others have fun..... ONE DAY out of the year  :rofl

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2023, 01:41:05 AM »
Some people just can't see others have fun..... ONE DAY out of the year  :rofl

Over here it's not ONE day. It goes on for weeks before and after, and all through the night. You have no idea until you experience what this is like.

Noy just holidays either. Its whenever. Basketball game, soccer, fight. Anything really and these things are going off. And I mean ALL over the cities. Hundreds, if not thousands of square miles of it.

It's not like your neighborhood family setting off a little firework show.

They launch these mortar things right at houses and they cause fires. I live in a trailer and I often wonder if I'm going to get fried some night in my sleep.

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2023, 08:15:20 AM »

you have zero evidence your point is valid.

semp

I don't need to prove anything. My point is based in well established fact. Fireworks were legal for decades. Then the nanny state decided to make laws "for your own good".

If you like living in a world run by Karens, that's your problem. They'll come for your fun, there are Karens who don't like it, and know better than you what is good for you.

SaVaGe

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2023, 08:24:47 AM »
Between ptsd, morons hurting themselves,  the anxiety it causes animals and pets and the fact you have to actually lie to purchase them, fireworks laws are about as dumb as they come..

I am all for outlawing all except sparklers and professional displays..those being out of earshot unless I choose to attend it

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2023, 08:38:07 AM »

I don't need to prove anything. My point is based in well established fact. Fireworks were legal for decades. Then the nanny state decided to make laws "for your own good".

If you like living in a world run by Karens, that's your problem. They'll come for your fun, there are Karens who don't like it, and know better than you what is good for you.

You might think differently if you were experiencing what happens out here in Los Angeles area.

How would you feel if, for weeks on end, all night long, about 50 cars showed up at the end of your driveway and started honking their horns all night long? Would you think that they should be allowed to do that?
And not just any horns. Train horns. Lol.

It's hard to describe what goes on here.

Last night around 12:30 I was still up. It was relatively quiet. There was still stuff going off but then suddenly this massive and relentless chain of explosions, whistles and concussive mortars started going off about a block away from me. I could see the smoke in the sky. White explosions and giant booms shook my place. I mean it scared me for a second when it started. The little dog that I'm taking care of kind of freaked out too. I went outside just to make sure nothing around me was going to catch on fire. It's on my security camera.
I sat there and watched it for about a minute. I should have gone in and got my cell phone to film it.

I really dislike anything to do with nanny state laws. But I draw the line when it affects other people.
You should be able to do pretty much whatever you want to do as long as you're not harming or disturbing others.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 11:34:58 AM by -gg- »

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2023, 09:08:37 AM »

Just watch a video of some idiot setting of fireworks. He set off one at the end  of the laneway. It was like  a  Roman candle but instead of going up it went sideways. It set off a large stash of other fireworks behind his mini van. Looked like an ammo dump going off.

It isn't the Karens but the idiots that ruin it for everyone.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2023, 09:28:19 AM »
You can buy mortars at the firework stands here in Texas.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2023, 11:07:33 AM »
You have to lie and sign papers stating you will use them for agriculture purposes- scare birds from your crops..

Forced to lie to even purchase the stupid waste of money...

Now and January 1st are noisy silly times most grow out of but are Darwin tools for some...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2023, 12:33:50 PM »
You have to lie and sign papers stating you will use them for agriculture purposes- scare birds from your crops..

Forced to lie to even purchase the stupid waste of money...

Now and January 1st are noisy silly times most grow out of but are Darwin tools for some...

Eagler

it causes lots of vets have flashbacks but sure make fun of them.

it wouldn't be so bad if only happens on ID but around here it's at least a month. hard to sleep when your neighbors are shooting them every night.

semp