Author Topic: never used to complain about this...  (Read 3775 times)

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
Re: never used to complain about this...
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2023, 04:32:11 AM »
Seems a little on the whiny side since while FT, et al were rampaging on the bish strats, (riftval map, bish strats located sw) bish chose not to defend them at all, instead preferring to furball with rooks (which continued despite the strats being wasted.)   

Bish had two uncapturable bases within a sector to the strats at 3k.  FT, et all were going in between 3k and 6k staying out of the strat puffy acks.

Numbers were fairly even across the board, but the bish were being subject to a beatdown by knits/rooks to that 40% bases left.  Knits have been in this bucket several times over the past few months (but without the salt of leveled strats.)

Again, bish had equitable numbers during all this and chose to furball - their dollar, unlike in mornings when bish outnumber the other two combined and typically go all-in vs one side for overwhelming hordevantage.

As you sow, so shall you reap.  Fixing mornings may fix evenings if players only regulated themselves, lollolol, right?

Totally agree. Sometimes your the butt kicker or sometimes getting your butt handed to you. You have to take both in stride.
It happens to all 3 sides at any given point. This game is set up "enough' to give us all a choice on how to play the game and some just cant accept loosing.

Eventually Hitech will address Fin3times antics......I hope. Again just because a person CAN do a thing, they have to decide if they SHOULD do a thing. Evidently Fin3time believes he he can AND should screw everyone else. Im not spending $15 a month guarding HQ against some AzzClown who can bring a half dozen buffs to target on his own.

Seems as though your having more of a problem with his attitude rather than game play. I get it, there are plenty of smug players that I get my satisfaction by giving a good thumping rather than complaining on the boards. Besides, I have seen you through out the years complain how hoards are bad for game play and yet, you are somehow always in the middle of one. If that's your game, then by all means go for it. However your judgement is based around players being on the loosing end and spinning it off as poor gameplay when you are not the victor.
I really don't see what FINETIME is doing that is out of the rulebook and the fact that he does what he does is pretty damn impressive and he is not invincible. IF what he does bugs you so much, then convince some teammates to go with you and challenge him. 
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2023, 09:17:04 AM »
Totally agree. Sometimes your the butt kicker or sometimes getting your butt handed to you. You have to take both in stride.
It happens to all 3 sides at any given point. This game is set up "enough' to give us all a choice on how to play the game and some just cant accept loosing.

Seems as though your having more of a problem with his attitude rather than game play. I get it, there are plenty of smug players that I get my satisfaction by giving a good thumping rather than complaining on the boards. Besides, I have seen you through out the years complain how hoards are bad for game play and yet, you are somehow always in the middle of one. If that's your game, then by all means go for it. However your judgement is based around players being on the loosing end and spinning it off as poor gameplay when you are not the victor.
I really don't see what FINETIME is doing that is out of the rulebook and the fact that he does what he does is pretty damn impressive and he is not invincible. IF what he does bugs you so much, then convince some teammates to go with you and challenge him.

I have never said what he is doing is against the rules, I have said that at this time of lower numbers should he be going out of his way to play the game in a way that chases players away. I just love how everyone twists everything that is posted.

I didn't get to enjoy he's latest exploits as I was enjoying time with my family instead of playing a game. When he did it Saturday I continue to play, he didn't chase me away, but I know a bunch of players did call it a night early.

All I'm saying is how many players could be chased away in a time when we should be trying to bring in players.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2023, 09:21:25 AM »
I have never said what he is doing is against the rules, I have said that at this time of lower numbers should he be going out of his way to play the game in a way that chases players away. I just love how everyone twists everything that is posted.

I didn't get to enjoy he's latest exploits as I was enjoying time with my family instead of playing a game. When he did it Saturday I continue to play, he didn't chase me away, but I know a bunch of players did call it a night early.

All I'm saying is how many players could be chased away in a time when we should be trying to bring in players.
"we" have zero responsibility to entice new customers to this business.

I'm not signed up to your entitled way of thinking. I pay my AH bill, I do what I want within the confines of the rules.

I do love your outrageous comments and expectations. Here is some solid advice. Throw some dirty on this open wound and call it a day on the subject.  :cheers:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2023, 09:32:56 AM »
"we" have zero responsibility to entice new customers to this business.

I'm not signed up to your entitled way of thinking. I pay my AH bill, I do what I want within the confines of the rules.

I do love your outrageous comments and expectations. Here is some solid advice. Throw some dirty on this open wound and call it a day on the subject.  :cheers:

"A kill has been recorded."

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2023, 10:12:31 AM »
I didn't get to enjoy he's latest exploits as I was enjoying time with my family instead of playing a game.

That seems a little unnecessary, slightly passive aggressive.

Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2023, 11:08:27 AM »

As for CptTrips his points are total irrelevant as he no longer plays the game and is only here to cause trouble.

Agreed. Seems to be a pattern.
- positive
+ negative

They love and care about the game so much they refuse to play it. They don’t suffer their gamer suggestions. Never take suggestions from those who don’t play.

Flatten their HQ <shrug> maybe the real wars will begin
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 11:27:31 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2023, 11:50:23 AM »
Agreed. Seems to be a pattern.
They don’t suffer their gamer suggestions. Never take suggestions from those who don’t play.

What suggestion is that, genius?

That a player should be free to play the game exactly as Hitech designed and coded it without being personally attacked on the forum?

Is that a controversial position in your opinion?

LoL.

Rock on Merv.  Bomb the whiny-weenies into the stone-age.  When they cry, do it again.  :aok

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2023, 12:59:32 PM »
I'm just trying to write these down....

1.  No bombing of anything the enemy would get mad at losing.
2.  No flying perk planes.
3.  Fugi would like to say they shouldn't be allowed in GV because it hurts the game for them to be on the ground and not in there air.
4.  No taking over CV when you have higher rank.
5.  No vulching
6.  No picking
7.  Nothing other than 1v1 engagements.  When is doubt ask, "Mother may I?"
8.  One account per houshold because HTC is making too much money already.
9.  No HO.  A HO is usually define as anything forward of their 3-9 line.

... Cum'on.  Lets get it to 10 and send it in to Letterman.

:rofl     :aok

I have some proposals for 10, but in a name of peace will restrain to publish them...   

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2023, 02:20:46 PM »
What suggestion is that, genius?

That a player should be free to play the game exactly as Hitech designed and coded it without being personally attacked on the forum?

Is that a controversial position in your opinion?

LoL.

Rock on Merv.  Bomb the whiny-weenies into the stone-age.  When they cry, do it again.  :aok

Thread about to be locked mr. Dunning kruger, thats your profession
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2023, 02:26:35 PM »
I'm a big Merv fan, and love that he has such fun. His presence always generates action, which is often a scarcity these days.

I am not a fan of dropping HQ though. It ruins the game for many and should never happen.

The argument that it's by design due to coding isn't valid. Hitech, like the Founding Fathers, is not infallible. While it may have worked originally or when the population was very different, the game needs to evolve along with the players, networking and society in general.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2023, 02:35:39 PM »
The argument that it's by design due to coding isn't valid.

How is that not valid?

Are you claiming Hitech didn't design and implement the code to work like that?

If you are stating Hitech needs to RE-DESIGN and RE-IMPLEMENT that code a different way, that is something you should post in the Wishlist.

As it is now, as it stands TODAY, that is exactly how Hitech designed it.  That is exactly how Hitech implemented it.  Merv is playing the game exactly as Hitech intended to be allow.

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2023, 02:43:26 PM »
How is that not valid?

Are you claiming Hitech didn't design and implement the code to work like that?

If you are stating Hitech needs to RE-DESIGN and RE-IMPLEMENT that code a different way, that is something you should post in the Wishlist.

As it is now, as it stands TODAY, that is exactly how Hitech designed it.  That is exactly how Hitech implemented it.  Merv is playing the game exactly as Hitech intended to be allow.

Sure, it worked as intended when the arenas had hundreds of players and more queuing to get in.

Now it causes players to log-off which has a negative impact and therefore has stopped 'working'. Changing the programming may not be feasible, but there are other ways to prevent it from happening, including asking Merv to stop for the well-being of the game.

Just because it was coded that way decades ago, doesn't necessarily mean it's currently working today as originally intended, and that applies to many aspects of the game.  :salute

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2023, 02:58:58 PM »
Sure, it worked as intended when the arenas had hundreds of players and more queuing to get in.

Now it causes players to log-off which has a negative impact and therefore has stopped 'working'. Changing the programming may not be feasible, but there are other ways to prevent it from happening, including asking Merv to stop for the well-being of the game.

Just because it was coded that way decades ago, doesn't necessarily mean it's currently working today as originally intended, and that applies to many aspects of the game.  :salute

Then that is something you should take up with Hitech in a Wishlist post.

That's not Merv's problem.  He is playing the game as it is currently designed to be played.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 03:00:41 PM by CptTrips »

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2023, 03:26:57 PM »
 :salute

See my new thread
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 03:31:39 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2023, 03:48:20 PM »
Honestly.... bombing doesn't affect me at all. All fields have hangers.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)