Author Topic: Nascar in Chicago  (Read 3479 times)

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
Re: Nascar in Chicago
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2023, 09:18:46 PM »
Don't kid yourself. The gen 5/6 car was no different. Do you forget the "Car of Tomorrow" back in 2007?

I don't disagree.  Nascar has been inching in this direction for years.     
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2023, 07:32:55 AM »
Well, so far your predictions are spot on. You certainly know this game better then me. A few of us estimated 10k. Some screwed up info Beyonce isn’t playing until 22, that was a relief for my traffic prediction. Still massive fireworks crowd. But the smoke is bad. Plus it rained off and on. Parking fees are nuts, $50-$80. I’ll spend $450-$500 just to go to work this week. Ya got people into it, and people loathing its here. Tickets are not selling as predicted, common theme seems to be no one is really making much money.

I’m not so much a Nascar fan, more of an F1 fan, indy 500.

Were you able to get a # on the total attendance for the race by chance? I'm curious.

Also, f1 and Indy 500 get WAY more attendance than NASCAR, almost tripple the attendance than say the Daytona 500. Which is NASCARs largest race. F1 I think even may double Indy 500 out of COTA. It's crazy the amount of fans they get at those races.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2023, 08:41:11 AM »
NASCAR on circle track is BORING.

Give me sprint cars in the dirt. That is racing..
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2023, 09:29:12 AM »
NASCAR on circle track is BORING.

Give me sprint cars in the dirt. That is racing..

Mehhh

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2023, 10:08:16 AM »
Those speed bikes at Daytona are freaking ridiculously fast. It's fun to watch them zoom by. Did you see the race at Daytona this year? First and second place guys were going at it the whole race until about the last 10 laps when the second place guy crashed trying to pass. That guy was so pissed! Really fun to watch live.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2023, 10:27:52 AM »
Those speed bikes at Daytona are freaking ridiculously fast. It's fun to watch them zoom by. Did you see the race at Daytona this year? First and second place guys were going at it the whole race until about the last 10 laps when the second place guy crashed trying to pass. That guy was so pissed! Really fun to watch live.

Moto america sub

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2023, 12:31:29 PM »
Laguna Seca for sport cars. Triumphs, Austin Heallys, Corvetts Lotus super 7's and Porshas all in
the same race
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2023, 02:32:18 PM »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2023, 02:50:38 PM »
Were you able to get a # on the total attendance for the race by chance? I'm curious.

Also, f1 and Indy 500 get WAY more attendance than NASCAR, almost tripple the attendance than say the Daytona 500. Which is NASCARs largest race. F1 I think even may double Indy 500 out of COTA. It's crazy the amount of fans they get at those races.

I've put that behind me
I didn't find any stats, except this quote from an article.

"Prior to the event, Nascar announced it was expecting approximately 50,000 people to attend each day. That number has not been finalized, especially with the torrential downpours that plagued Chicago on Sunday. However, NBC had a 2.52 rating and 4.632 million viewers, which is the most viewed race on the platform in six years. It was also the most streamed race ever on Peacock, and NBC Sports digital, with 163,500 viewers."

To be honest, it's better seen on TV. Because of trees and hills I don't think anyone saw the whole track, much less half. The outside 8' fence was covered so ya couldn't really see much from the outside. Unless I had a seat, I wouldn't even bother. Even from the 3rd floor I could not see but one corner, and I was on the track street. Could have been better somewhere else, but not for me.
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2023, 03:07:44 PM »
I've put that behind me
I didn't find any stats, except this quote from an article.

"Prior to the event, Nascar announced it was expecting approximately 50,000 people to attend each day. That number has not been finalized, especially with the torrential downpours that plagued Chicago on Sunday. However, NBC had a 2.52 rating and 4.632 million viewers, which is the most viewed race on the platform in six years. It was also the most streamed race ever on Peacock, and NBC Sports digital, with 163,500 viewers."

To be honest, it's better seen on TV. Because of trees and hills I don't think anyone saw the whole track, much less half. The outside 8' fence was covered so ya couldn't really see much from the outside. Unless I had a seat, I wouldn't even bother. Even from the 3rd floor I could not see but one corner, and I was on the track street. Could have been better somewhere else, but not for me.

Come on now.... you know you were flying in Aces High and not watching the race........ come on.... admit it....  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2023, 07:26:03 PM »

Come on now.... you know you were flying in Aces High and not watching the race........ come on.... admit it....  :D

That would be a great way to get a early retirement.

Cars round corner, wait 3 minutes, cars round corner again, wait 3 minutes, cars round corner again. Exciting!!
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2023, 05:59:38 AM »
That would be a great way to get a early retirement.

Cars round corner, wait 3 minutes, cars round corner again, wait 3 minutes, cars round corner again. Exciting!!

Oh look.... left turn, left turn. It's an easy sport to follow when you're hammered. hicup
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2023, 04:21:04 PM »
Oh look.... left turn, left turn. It's an easy sport to follow when you're hammered. hicup

Then I bet that you really hate NHRA. 

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2023, 04:43:48 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the new body look. Almost looks like a damn hatchback. Though, personally, I don't believe they make much of a difference in the overall outcome of the race, given that the top drivers normally always make it to the top, and some drivers you never hear about and never make the top 10. There is certainly a reason for that if you ask me. Hell, Larson was almost unstoppable heading to the end of the year last year and I felt like he definitely found something that made that car faster over the others. I'm glad there was a change to some extent because I was thinking he was going to start winning too much ha.

Don't kid yourself. The gen 5/6 car was no different. Do you forget the "Car of Tomorrow" back in 2007?

I wasn't a big fan of Keselowski as a driver, but he's a smart businessman who understands the sport.  In this interview with Wallace, I feel like he gives us some accurate and honest insight into why NASCAR has made some of the changes they have over the years.

https://youtu.be/68ZNS5OREOE
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 04:46:09 PM by RUSH1 »