Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving Kanucks  (Read 359 times)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
Happy Thanksgiving Kanucks
« on: October 07, 2023, 11:27:49 PM »
Chow down on that turkey, dressing mashed potatoes, assorted vegetables and that pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Happy Thanksgiving Kanucks
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 10:00:54 AM »
Why do we allow the Kanucks to have a Thanksgiving?   That's Cultural Appropriation.  (And they can't even get the day right.  :rolleyes:)

We should only allow it if they agree to celebrate 4th of July as well.  At least that tells them what day it should be.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 10:02:33 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2023, 10:12:28 AM »
Why do we allow the Kanucks to have a Thanksgiving?   That's Cultural Appropriation.  (And they can't even get the day right.  :rolleyes:)

We should only allow it if they agree to celebrate 4th of July as well.  At least that tells them what day it should be.
As usual Americans are late to the party. Thanksgiving was first celebrated in Canada in 1578. In the USA, it was in 1619 and it wasn't a harvest festival.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2023, 10:17:46 AM »
As usual Americans are late to the party. Thanksgiving was first celebrated in Canada in 1578. In the USA, it was in 1619 and it wasn't a harvest festival.

Is that when you learned to live as brothers with the indigenous Amerinds and share the bountiful resources of the continent together in peace?

At least until you got a beachhead established and could bring in reinforcements?

Suckers.......

« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 10:33:25 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2023, 10:49:17 AM »

What you are talking about is dinner aboard a ship. Possibly. That some historians say happened. But it was basically dinner aboard a ship on an expedition. Long before there are any Canadians in Canada.

The first Thanksgiving in the United States was indeed a harvest  festival and feast that lasted 3 days. October 1621..

It's been a national holiday in the United States since before Canada was a country.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 10:50:50 AM by -gg- »
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2023, 10:55:03 AM »

I think the Kanucks should move their Thanksgiving to July 4th and celebrate that as the day the winter snows finally melt.

(I'm just joking btw for the slow witted.  I'm not sure the snow ever melts in Canada.  ;))

« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 10:56:34 AM by CptTrips »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2023, 06:11:15 PM »
Canadian thanksgiving should be on the opening day of hockey since its a national holiday, as they give thanks to the sport of hitting a black circle into a net and all the fights and broken teeth over possession of said black circle
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2023, 09:41:00 PM »
What you are talking about is dinner aboard a ship. Possibly. That some historians say happened. But it was basically dinner aboard a ship on an expedition. Long before there are any Canadians in Canada.

The first Thanksgiving in the United States was indeed a harvest  festival and feast that lasted 3 days. October 1621..

It's been a national holiday in the United States since before Canada was a country.
There was no USA when the pilgims had their Thanksgiving.

A harvest celebration was held in many countries centuries before the pilgrim's.

The US NAVY doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving aboard ship?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2023, 10:07:27 PM »
Giving thanks for what one has is as ancient as recorded history. That will always trump whining about what one doesn't have.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2023, 01:40:11 AM »
There are also countries which celebrate Christmases in different day, as well as Midsummer. That's unforgivable and we should forbid all that kind of actions.

I propose The World Leader declares one specific week where every holiday, celebration, feast and festival in the world is concentrated so then everyone celebrates at correct time. Also rules how it has to be done and with what menu, that has to be established. Everyone breaking this rule has to spend one week defending bases with Shane.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2023, 12:26:46 PM »
I'm sure they celebrate Thanksgiving all over the world.

I just wonder if they have turkey in Turkey?

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2023, 12:35:37 PM »
I'm sure they celebrate Thanksgiving all over the world.

I just wonder if they have turkey in Turkey?

Sure we do. When is it, btw?
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2023, 03:31:58 PM »
Sure we do. When is it, btw?

Depends on if you want to do it our way or the wrong way. ;)

BTW, I hate all holidays except Halloween.  That's the only cool one. ;)

Most are just older rites stolen and rebranded by a more powerful Bronze Age cult.   They just took Pagan Saturnalia and even earlier Pagan Spring fertility rites and slapped their logo on them.  Rabbits?  Eggs?  Spring?

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2023, 03:17:51 AM »
Only real celebrations worth of mentioning are Midsummer, the longest day of the year, and winter solstice, when light grabs darkness from throat. And yes, we pagans were celebrating them before anyone had heard anything about any kind of churches.

Btw, I live nowadays in area, where the first Christians in Europe showed up but my origins are in the one, which was one of the last to accept Christianity.    :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 03:21:27 AM by GasTeddy »
The Mad   CatMan!