Author Topic: Scores for Citadel on the Danube: Budapest 1944-45  (Read 372 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Scores for Citadel on the Danube: Budapest 1944-45
« on: July 22, 2023, 11:47:02 AM »
Thank you all for participating in my first complete FSO design. While the scores will look very lopsided in Frame 1 and 2, the balance was pretty decent for the first hour of each frame. It was in the second hour of those frames where the Allies struggled, based on the numbers. I tried my best to make adjustment between frame so solve the fighter balance issue for Frame 2, but the other factors of the Hour 2 make that near impossible to accomplish. I can't control how many players stay for Hour 2, what they use in Hour 2, or how they use it. Never the less, I hope you all had fun in this one.

<S>

Frame 1: The Axis was assessed a 13 point penalty for exceeding the maximum of 109K-4's. It's the value of the points scored by the top K-4 pilot with the K-4. He kept his points earned in other aircraft.

Frame 2:

Frame 3:
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
Re: Scores for Citadel on the Danube: Budapest 1944-45
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2023, 02:08:57 PM »
<S> Thank you for putting it together.
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2023, 04:06:50 PM »
In hour two of each frame, how many went to GV's rather than stay in planes?
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2023, 04:46:59 PM »
In hour two of each frame, how many went to GV's rather than stay in planes?

It varied from frame to frame, but the Allies used more GV's than the Axis in each frame.

In interesting correlation is that whichever side used the most AAA GV's lost the capture objective. Their use was also a points scoring liability. In every instance, neither the Ostwind or the M16 came close to scoring as many kills as they lost.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2023, 10:55:18 AM »

In interesting correlation is that whichever side used the most AAA GV's lost the capture objective. Their use was also a points scoring liability. In every instance, neither the Ostwind or the M16 came close to scoring as many kills as they lost.

Just goes to show how many people bomb GV's is what it shows. We have very few GV events in the special arena which in my opinion would draw more players from the MA into the SEA.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Rascal43

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2023, 05:38:39 PM »
Just wanted to thank Devil 505 personally for his assistance in guiding us GV's to the objective in frame 3.  Thanks buddy.  :cheers:

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2023, 05:59:48 PM »
Just wanted to thank Devil 505 personally for his assistance in guiding us GV's to the objective in frame 3.  Thanks buddy.  :cheers:

:aok
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline jeffn

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2023, 06:59:58 PM »
The GV's were a nice change of pace, it added another component. Even tho my GV skills do not exist, it was fun to try to cover them from bombs and guide the team to enemy GV's.

Fun event
-JeffN-
Jagdgeschwader 11

JG11

Online MDStampf93

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2023, 08:34:30 PM »
I loved the event, was very immersive to have the gv fights going on while the air war raged up above. 

Hope to see similar events in the future, thank you to everyone who made it happen.

:salute
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54