Author Topic: Possible B-17 adoptions  (Read 251 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Possible B-17 adoptions
« on: July 23, 2023, 01:29:28 PM »
We currently have 2 old skins for the same B-17G, "Little Miss Mischief", Tail #297880.   They depict the plane at different time periods, with Thunder's skin being earlier and RedHawK's version shows her after she has been rebuilt with an olive drab rear fuselage section:

B-17G "Little Miss Mischief", 91stBG 324th BG by Thunder

B-17G "Little Miss Mischief", 91stBG 324th BG by RedHawK

As I work through updating the B-17s, I think the half and half version would be a nice skinning challenge, but I am wondering if anyone would mind if I replaced Thunder's version of "Little Miss Mischief" with a different B-17 skin (from the same BG) like "Hikin' for Home" from the 322nd BS, or "Super Mouse" from the 324th BS?   Just seems to me we don't need two skins of the same aircraft.   I love the colorful nose art of "Super Mouse", and "Hikin' for Home" would give us one skin from each of the squadrons that made up the 91st BG.

Just wondering what you guys thoughts are.  As always, if anyone loves these skins as they are, I can skip adopting and leave them be.  <S>

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Possible B-17 adoptions
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 01:46:29 PM »
I like and use RedHawk's - it's one of the more unique skins for 17's.  Plus I figure it might buy a few seconds as people admire it before they start shooting at it.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 01:55:43 PM »
I like and use RedHawk's - it's one of the more unique skins for 17's.  Plus I figure it might buy a few seconds as people admire it before they start shooting at it.

OK, I'll steer clear of these skins and leave them as is.  Thanks Shane.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2023, 02:16:25 PM »
The late version deserves to be given a direct update. The half-and-half nature of it is too cool.

The early version is nothing special. I'd say go ahead and replace it with something similar. My vote is for "Super Mouse"  :aok
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2023, 09:24:03 PM »
The late version deserves to be given a direct update. The half-and-half nature of it is too cool.

The early version is nothing special. I'd say go ahead and replace it with something similar. My vote is for "Super Mouse"  :aok

Agreed.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2023, 04:29:14 AM »
I'd say update the half and half version and do a similar looking skin to replace the other. Shane will still have the skin he likes to fly. However with your work, plus AH3-friendly colours and lighting files, it will be a much better looking version of it.