Author Topic: GVS & Trees  (Read 1135 times)

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
GVS & Trees
« on: July 26, 2023, 01:00:21 PM »
Been a while since I've posted, something I'm sure everyone encounters. GVs just magically disappearing in a couple trees, had this happen the other day luttrel sat in this spot for over 45 minutes in town on a hill just killing gv after gv and no one could spot him. Multiple flew overhead such as me and a storch and literally couldn't see an icon while his panzar is sticking out from these small trees. Think gv concealment needs to be nerfed a bit 

Jokers Jokers
"CAN'T TALK NOW.....GOTTA SHOOT!" - Dan Zoernig
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - 56th FG

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: GVS & Trees
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2023, 01:33:33 PM »
I've noticed this, but at the same time I hid in an entire clump of trees and was spotted instantly (engine off and sitting still).  GV icons are the one thing I feel like have been inconsistent since my return. 
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 03:15:02 PM »
In my squad we refer to this as the magic bamboo.  It appears to be a bamboo clump from the ground and yes you are almost invisible from the air when you are in it.  Does seem like it needs a tweak.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 05:49:23 PM »

The biggest problem with tank warfare in Aceshigh III, it is an unfinished product. Tank Warfare is largely a very dirty dusty place. You have engine exhaust,  dust from your tracks, muzzle flashes... when you fire your main gun great big clouds of dust come up and obscure your sight. But more importantly everywhere you go you leave a trail.... Tank tracks go into a clump of trees and don't come out the other side, you don't have to be a rocket Scientist to figure out where he's at.

https://youtu.be/hI4jT3dmOuc

This is a short YouTube video of one of AcesHighs primary competitors. It is not meant to be an endorsement of that game in any way or form, Just a look at how tank combat is handled in other simulations

Cavalry
24 years
U.S. Army
Armored cavalry
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2023, 09:17:20 PM »
Panzers are easy to find.
Now go look for a hiding M-8   :D
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2023, 09:18:49 PM »
and the panzer was not really hiding very good.  There are lots of bushes and trees that are much better.   :banana:
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2023, 09:22:12 PM »
and the panzer was not really hiding very good.  There are lots of bushes and trees that are much better.   :banana:
That was the issue, where the panzar was no one could see any icon point blank from the air.

Jokers Jokers

Online Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2023, 10:01:58 PM »
I feel like GVer are just trolls in a lot of cases :noid
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2023, 11:18:20 PM »
Luttrel for the win woo-hoo  :aok

He was a critical factor in wearing down Bish awareness today. His mere presence alone reduced the bishop stamina and expectations of victory. To him we owe a great debt of gratitude.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 11:39:17 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2023, 06:22:46 PM »
Aw yes, that was great fun.  For the record any plane flying faster than a Storch simply will not spot a GV engine off in the bushes.  The guy in the Storch did indeed finally spot me, I shot him down just as he dropped smoke near me.  It just so happened that the rest of the planes were not over town when he dropped smoke, so I simply moved over to a different bush on a different hill so y'all would have to find me again all over.  You guys finally did finally track me with a bomb and then finish me off with a GV that sneaked up on me while all the planes were making cover racket for him.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 06:24:48 PM by lutrel »
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2023, 09:22:28 PM »
Aw yes, that was great fun.  For the record any plane flying faster than a Storch simply will not spot a GV engine off in the bushes.  The guy in the Storch did indeed finally spot me, I shot him down just as he dropped smoke near me.  It just so happened that the rest of the planes were not over town when he dropped smoke, so I simply moved over to a different bush on a different hill so y'all would have to find me again all over.  You guys finally did finally track me with a bomb and then finish me off with a GV that sneaked up on me while all the planes were making cover racket for him.
Lol I finished you with the 25H, ended up putting a 75 in the hull

Jokers Jokers

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2023, 04:30:40 AM »
That was the issue, where the panzar was no one could see any icon point blank from the air.

It already bad enough you get a red square showing where the tank is, now you want a giant arrow pointing down above the tank.

Maybe you could get Kong to show you how its done as he has no problem spotting tanks.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2023, 01:12:17 PM »
It already bad enough you get a red square showing where the tank is, now you want a giant arrow pointing down above the tank.

Maybe you could get Kong to show you how its done as he has no problem spotting tanks.
Aside from the trees, what really needs to be worked out are the buildings that cheesers abuse hiding in open fields that no one can see into. That's why the tank markers need to be shown more.

Jokers Jokers

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2023, 03:22:47 PM »
Aside from the trees, what really needs to be worked out are the buildings that cheesers abuse hiding in open fields that no one can see into. That's why the tank markers need to be shown more.

There is a zoom button you can use to help identify hiding vehicles. I understand for players like you the preference is easy mode in every aspect of the game but it does work :old:

That same button is how I become a surgeon with some of my shots :banana:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 03:24:34 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2023, 04:00:55 PM »
There is a zoom button you can use to help identify hiding vehicles. I understand for players like you the preference is easy mode in every aspect of the game but it does work :old:

That same button is how I become a surgeon with some of my shots :banana:

Took some.buffs up today.. not sure how u do it.  I can't hit toejam.