Author Topic: BW1stpar spanks Mindy  (Read 485 times)

Offline ULPink

• Copper Member
BW1stpar spanks Mindy
« on: July 27, 2023, 10:55:27 PM »
I have been away for about 2 and a half years, going to school.  I feel like I forgot what little I knew.  Spar went into matchplay to help get my timing back.  Still getting used to the new stick as well (X52)  This is a video of BW1stpar spanking me badly.  It hurt but I needed it!  I used to win at least half against him.  I'll get back in the saddle eventually!

I had the actual views and icons turned off initially but they come on a minute in.

https://youtu.be/G4sNeTxtq94
Check Six!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: BW1stpar spanks Mindy
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 06:38:02 AM »
How are you liking VR?

You will be unstoppable once you get used to it.

When I had the X52 the rotor on the throttle was set for aileron trim and one of the buttons setup to turn combat trim on and off...used together it seems to get me around faster in certain situations but can kill your speed

I have it setup that way on the tm1600 throttle I use with the warthog now

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 01:07:10 PM »
How are you liking VR?

You will be unstoppable once you get used to it.

When I had the X52 the rotor on the throttle was set for aileron trim and one of the buttons setup to turn combat trim on and off...used together it seems to get me around faster in certain situations but can kill your speed

I have it setup that way on the tm1600 throttle I use with the warthog now

<S>

Eagler
You manual trim your ailerons Eagler? Hmm, I never tried that. To make it roll faster?  I manual trim my elevators, it seems to help when pulling hard turns in a stallfight. And one button for combat trim on/off like you say..

TheStig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheStig

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 01:23:02 PM »
Welcome back Mindy, I thought you did well for having been away this long from the game. Looked like some good fights, I particulary enjoyed the one where you used the terrain.

TheStig

TheStig

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2023, 06:56:45 AM »
It is elevator trim..my mistake

Usually have rotor cranked all the way up so when you go off CT to manual you are at full deflection immediately

Helps with compression too

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2023, 08:15:08 AM »
All these years I have never mapped the trim. Guess I need to start.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2023, 02:43:48 PM »

Usually have rotor cranked all the way up so when you go off CT to manual you are at full deflection immediately

Eagler
I was suspecting that was what you meant, yes.

It was to help save me from lawndarting during compression I started using the trim, just off the K key on the keyboard. But then I started playing with it more and figured this could be quite helpful in many situations, so I mapped everything to my trottle for easy accsess during fights.

TheStig

TheStig

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2023, 02:52:09 PM »

Eagler
And I have it set on a mini 4-way hatswitch instead of a scrollwheel, so I pull it up to add pull up trim, and the longer I hold it the harder it pulls. Then push down to ease off. When I hit it to the left I toggle combat trim back on and it instantly yanks everything to level.

TheStig

TheStig

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2023, 03:30:02 PM »
So you are saying if I peg my trim full deflection, and turn combat trim on, as soon as I turn it off it will return to full deflection?

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2023, 03:37:14 PM »
So you are saying if I peg my trim full deflection, and turn combat trim on, as soon as I turn it off it will return to full deflection?
Not the way I have it set, but with a physical scroller I guess it returns to whatever position the wheel is set? Or it will jump to the trim pos of the wheel as soon as you touch it?!
I don't know, I have never tried it.
I just know on my setup with a hatswitch if I have full trim and toggle combat trim on off my trim is reset to middle-ish.

TheStig

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2023, 03:43:25 PM »
Not the way I have it set, but with a physical scroller I guess it returns to whatever position the wheel is set? Or it will jump to the trim pos of the wheel as soon as you touch it?!
I don't know, I have never tried it.
I just know on my setup with a hatswitch if I have full trim and toggle combat trim on off my trim is reset to middle-ish.

So I can set a keystroke to go full deflection trim or am I misunderstanding?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2023, 04:03:53 PM »

Yes

Rotor is manual trim calibrated to have a middle spot..

Crank the rotor to full deflection..

Button turns CT on and off

Hit it off and manual goes to full deflection

Hit button and and CT takes over

I have been told it is no faster than spinning the rotor but it makes it so I don't have to spin it..

You don't have to have it maxed, it goes to the deflection the rotor is set when you turn ct off

Kills speed at max but it works for me in slower t&b

It's why my throttles from x36 to now have had to have a rotor

Eagler

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2023, 05:17:49 PM »
Yes

Rotor is manual trim calibrated to have a middle spot..

Crank the rotor to full deflection..

Button turns CT on and off

Hit it off and manual goes to full deflection

Hit button and and CT takes over

I have been told it is no faster than spinning the rotor but it makes it so I don't have to spin it..

You don't have to have it maxed, it goes to the deflection the rotor is set when you turn ct off

Kills speed at max but it works for me in slower t&b

It's why my throttles from x36 to now have had to have a rotor

Eagler

OK.  I use a mouse and keyboard and nothing else. 

I'm going to mess with this tomorrow or tonight and test on that setup.

Sorry for the hijack.  Nice fights in the films.

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2023, 06:10:20 PM »
I was hoping based on the title this thread would be a lot more kinky :(

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2023, 12:00:03 PM »
If you have elevator trim on an analog control you can preset elevator trim for dive bombing, 0 G acceleration, best glide angle and so on. The auto pilot modes and combat trim over-ride the manual setting until you need it.

You can also use a little down trim to take a sloppy center out of an old stick but then you have to hold back a little for level flight.